THE BEGINNING.....AGAIN!

Options
They say confession is good for the soul so I will introduce myself with a confession. I am not new to My Fitness Pal - in fact I have been here since last year basically stalking around incognito watching and reading many successes - looking at pics were available and basically trying to use others success to motivate myself secretly into success of my own. My plan was actually working for a short while and the numbers on the dreaded scale were going down slowly but surely. Then I hit a roadblock (mental created by my own overactive imagination) and I have reversed the small steps that I have made.

I went on hiatus for a few months logging on every now and again but this morning something seems to have clicked. Woke up with a new resolve. Got on the scale for the first time since March and the numbers looked larger than life - 166lbs!!!! No one to get mad at but myself but getting mad isnt going to make this any better. Time to do as so many of you have done or are doing and tackle this thing one day at a time - 1lb at a time.

So to put things in perspective - I am 42 years old - turning 43 in 2 weeks but holding onto that 42 until then; 5'4"; female. I am still working myself up to posting pics and hopefully one day will be able to cross that hurdle. My short term goal is to lose 10lbs but more than anything my goal is to be as healthy a person as I can be. Doing this a little differently than before and actually posting on the message board in the hopes of making some friends who are in this battle towards a healthy lifestyle and hopefully we can hold each others hands as we travel this journey together.

Replies

• cindi0856
    cindi0856 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back!! You are among a lot of wonderful people and great support ! :)
  • Kellyerin1217
    Options
    It is wonderful that this morning something clicked for you. I experienced the same thing. Decided one day “that’s it, I’m doing this.”

Good luck to you this time (you can do it!!)
  • losing_it_2013
    losing_it_2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Good for you for starting again!! I've tried WW twice but have had more success here in one month than I did there! The friends and support are awesome!!! Wishing you all the best :)
  • zombiemusicgirl
    zombiemusicgirl Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Its good that you're here - I can't tell you how many times I have stopped and started. But I refuse to stop starting. Even if it takes me forever. Accept that it won't ever go the way you planned, but make plans that make it easier.

You have the right mentality. Just remember that even when it is hard and doesn't make sense, keep going. The more you work at it, the easier it will be to sustain. It may feel like a lot now, but with every loss you will have a little less to go.

Happy logging and welcome again!
  • bsmock
    bsmock Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from. I have been on my weight-loss roller coaster ride since 2010. Seemingly losing and gaining the same 20lbs. I hadn't weighed myself since April until yesterday!! YIKES!!! After losing 25 lbs from Dec. to April, I had packed 10 back on!!! I too woke up to a new motivated self!! So, welcome back!! Look me up.... bsmock1 and we can be in this rebirth together. I got a tattoo of a Phoenix on my shoulder in April.....I guess I am just now rising from the ashes!!! I am a 38 year old female, 5'9, weighing 243 lbs!! My goal right now, having a one at the beginning of my weight and to be a role model for others who are struggling.
  • lahlstephens
    lahlstephens Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Do not feel alone! I started last September, lost 22 pounds and then stopped at Christmas. It took me 3 months to get back on track. I started again on April 1 and have now lost 41 pounds total. Like you, I don't know what finally clicked in my mind that now is the time. Start slowly...for me it was giving up soft drinks and all the sugar and calories that go along with them. Then, I started walking and doing the 30 day Shred. Now I have added into cooking and eating healthy and trying not to go out to eat but maybe once a week. Small steps and losing the weight slowly to keep it off. I am 44 years old and have been battling my weight for 15+ years. Losing weight slowly 1-2 pounds a week can be frustrating at times. Some weeks I will lose as much as 3 pounds, but rarely more than that. It's ok! It's all good! I've had to retrain my mind to let myself know it's ok! This time MFP is the key to helping me to be successful. Good luck and you can do it!
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Let this be your last beginning.You already know how the journey is, there will be successes and lessons learned. You can do this if you have the drive and discipline to succeed.
  • jezy_jass
    jezy_jass Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    We could be twins (sort of). I too was have been at this half heartedly for awhile, reading other success stories trying to get motivated. It would work here and there and I would be doing great for a short period of time, but get derailed, end up back off the wagon & up in weight I would go. I too decided to make today my first day of a new beginning. Earlier this morning I reset all my stats to my current figures and am diving in completely (not just for a couple of weeks but as a new life style).

We are a little off as far as stats: I am 27, 5'3'' & currently teetering b/w 155-160, depending on my binging any given day (which is another habit I am trying to kick). if you're interested, feel free to send a friend request. I can always use another MFPal to help keep me motivated and committed along with hoping to dish out a lot of the same for others.
  • REBIRTH42
    REBIRTH42 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the welcomes, words of encouragement and friend requests.
  • churchchipmunk
    churchchipmunk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I just turned 44 and am also beginning again. Would love the support and will for sure support all I can!