overweight mom

Options
I just turned 40 two weeks ago, and I said on my birthday that my goal was too lose 40 pounds before my birthday next year. I need to lose more but that is my goal for now. I just can't get my mind set to do this, I have tried everything in the past with no results. Please I need all the encouragement I can get

Replies

• CinderellaMom
    Options
    I can't count how many times I've reached a birthday and said- I'm going to lose ...... before my next birthday- only to reach the next birthday and say it again..... I've finally set my mind to this! Its only my second day but I'm not giving up! Good luck and you can do it!
  • CinderellaMom
    Options
    I can't count how many times I've reached a birthday and said- I'm going to lose ...... before my next birthday- only to reach the next birthday and say it again..... I've finally set my mind to this! Its only my second day but I'm not giving up! Good luck and you can do it!
  • erinsolesky
    erinsolesky Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good for you for reaching out and making that first step! You can do this!!! You are welcome to add me as a friend and watch what I do and eat. I make it a point to exercise every day and ALWAYS log my foods (no matter how ugly it is!). I had my second child in November and with the help of this website, friends, and exercise, I've been able to lose 52 pounds. I'm now smaller than I have ever been as an adult ... even before my FIRST child. This website is such a blessing to me. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    Welcome :)
    The desire to become healthy is the first step, and you have made it to the second step by actually seeking a method. You came to the right place for motivation and useful tools! I started counting calories on MFP 2 months ago (June 12th). I am loving it. I feel healthier, I have gotten more active, and have gained a better understanding of my body. Yes, there will be slip ups, but just keep going, and I'll bet you lose more than 40 in a year!
  • seejay
    seejay Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi I am from Ozzi land and I have to lose this weight at the end of trying but for the 1001 time or it feels that way I have to get up dust myself of and start all over again so I am going to try myfitnesspal and Hope and pray it will work for me this time or is that I should work for it or whatever I am prepared to try again once more just really need encourgement until I am at a place to encourage others. Seejay
  • mammahp
    mammahp Posts: 1
    Options
    yes same thing i never had results but i recently quit smoking after 16 yrs of smoking and it has been about 7 months since i had my last cigarette and now i figure i can loose weight to im overweight mom with a 13 yr old and a 2 yr old and yes its hard my husband loves to eat but im even changing him cause i do the grocery shopping so i buy what i think is good for us now and its a little more costly but i look at it as an investment so do give up i have fallen off track and not walking like i should but today is a new day and im going for my walk today so keep it up and we can talk more if u would like
  • suckitup
    suckitup Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Good luck Alison! I love this website b/c we all are in the same boat and can support on another. I ask questions and get lots of great advice in return. It took this site to finally get me to lose weight. I wish you the best and we are all here for you. :flowerforyou: