Green Tea?

kraft_kris
kraft_kris Posts: 157 Member
Has anyone added green tea as part of your weight loss program? Have you noticed an improvement? (Obviously I understand that it should be coupled with a good diet)

TIA!

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    I drink green tea because I enjoy it.

Green tea will not make you lose weight though.
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Same here--I like it and I drink it to switch things up, but I don't view it as a magical weight loss tool.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    I drink it cause it tastes good and also helps with "going to the bathroom"
    also I find it helps me digest when I have overeaten.
  • Green Tea has been known to help your body burn fat but I'm not sure whether or not that is actually fully true. I drink it because I enjoy it but prefer it with Mint.

Something else, if you are not a fan, but fancy green tea in your diet is to try Matcha Green Tea but add it to smoothies or other foods?

I have a recipe on my blog. http://katrinacomingclean.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=93&action=edit
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    I drink it daily, a couple of cups of Mate`. I'm not a fan of coffee and I'm trying to cut all soda out of my diet so tea seems to be a good substitute. I have noticed a flatter tummy since I started drinking it 3 weeks ago...and more energy in the gym:)
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    I love Tulsi Pomegranite Green Tea.
  • lovenhatelife
    lovenhatelife Posts: 8 Member
    I have been drinking green tea for years...because I like it. I have wonder how true green tea is for weight loss, because my main drinks have been water and green tea and I have not lost weight. I am sure me not losing weight has a lot to due with other issues, but I don't think it's one of those magical drinks that will help you lose weight. I think maybe where the study is....if someone stop drinking soda, and start drinking green tea, they could lose weight. However, since I was never a big soda drinker...drinking green tea has no affect on me.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    If you're doing it for the fat burn you have to drink something like 16 cups a day to get the benefit.