Protien Powder for women....

Options
I was just wondering what is a good protein powder for women to help manage weight and be mixed for a meal replacement from time to time. And please if you have something smart or sarcastic to say move on to the next forum. Thanks

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    You don't need a protein powder specifically for women - it's just a marketing gimmick anyway.

Just go with a standard protein powder and mix it with milk or water, as your calorie goal allows and/or you prefer it.

Currently, I use Trutein Chocolate Peanut Butter and I really like it. It's smooth and pretty tasty. I've used Body Fortress from Walmart before - it's cheap and tastes pretty decent. The easiest way to mix it is in a shaker cup, so definitely invest in one of those (they're like $7).
  • juzaam
    juzaam Posts: 17
    Options
    Go for Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion probiotic milk chocolate or Optimum Nutrition double chocolate.
    They are widely appreciated with incredible taste.
  • healthyisgorgeous
    healthyisgorgeous Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    You don't need a protein powder specifically for women - it's just a marketing gimmick anyway.

Just go with a standard protein powder and mix it with milk or water, as your calorie goal allows and/or you prefer it.

Currently, I use Trutein Chocolate Peanut Butter and I really like it. It's smooth and pretty tasty. I've used Body Fortress from Walmart before - it's cheap and tastes pretty decent. The easiest way to mix it is in a shaker cup, so definitely invest in one of those (they're like $7).

Agreed. I LOVE trutein cinnabun. AMAZING!!! It's a little bit pricier, but the taste is worth it to me.
  • juzaam
    juzaam Posts: 17
    Options
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

I use body fortress in chocolate peanut butter. It's the only shake i've tried that i don't have to try and force down.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    As others have said, you don't need one specific for women. However, a protein powder/shake is NOT the same as a meal replacement shake. It is a supplement. It does not (typically) have the other nutrients that a meal replacement would have.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Go for Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion probiotic milk chocolate or Optimum Nutrition double chocolate.
    I just ordered a 2 lb tub of ON Double Rich Chocolate and I only mix with water (lactose intolerant...should be interesting to see how this holds up?) - looking forward to the taste!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a 2 lb tub of ON Double Rich Chocolate and I only mix with water (lactose intolerant...should be interesting to see how this holds up?) - looking forward to the taste!

it is FANTASTIC!! i put the powder in my brownies and they have a deeper, rich chocolate taste. mixes great with water, or milk, i just can't say enough great things about ON Double Rich Chocolate =D
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Double Rich Chocolate. It's yummy. :bigsmile:
    I drink it with water and basically down it in less than 10 seconds. hahaha
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options

it is FANTASTIC!! i put the powder in my brownies and they have a deeper, rich chocolate taste. mixes great with water, or milk, i just can't say enough great things about ON Double Rich Chocolate =D

IN BROWNIES!??!?!?!

I think I love you.....
  • talk2elles
    talk2elles Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    The 'womens' ones are usually full of sugar and carbs (or so I found anyway). I use the MyProtein Chocolate Mint one as it's tasty, low carb and makes me feel like I'm drinking liquid Aero. Everyone has their own tastes though so it's trial and error really. Good luck though
  • dontgobacktosleep
    dontgobacktosleep Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Big fan of the Vega One shake, especially as a meal replacement I doubt you could find anything with a better profile.

Good luck :)
  • bhenderson87
    Options
    GNC has a powder called Total Lean.I just started drinking them
  • Jen21878
    Jen21878 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm currently using Met RX protein plus (chocolate of course). It's delicious and it only has 4g of Carbs & 1g of Sugar.

Just a side note: Whenever looking for protein you always want to make sure it has less than 7g of Carbs & 5g Sugar. :smile:
  • healthyisgorgeous
    healthyisgorgeous Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just so everyone knows i do add fruits and veggies along with the protein powder as a meal replacement from time to time.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Have you tried almond or soy milk? I've heard a lot of people do that, especially vegans who wouldn't mix their powder with milk anyway, and that it's wayyyy better than with water.