BMR higher than MFP daily goal

Options
Hey everyone. So my BMR is 1808. As I have a desk job I set my activity level at sedentary and got 1340 daily calories as goal!
Shall I change my activity level till I get close to my BMR? Oh I work out from 3 to 6 times a week.

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    What did you set your weekly weight loss goal to be and how much do you have to lose?
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Just eat 1800 if you work out.

I don't even worry about TDEE because it's all guess. If you can just eat generally how much you need to maintain AND you're exercising you'll be in a deficit regardless.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Remember everything is an estimate. Your bmr your calorie the lot so it's normally a case of trial and error and what works for you
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. So my BMR is 1808. As I have a desk job I set my activity level at sedentary and got 1340 daily calories as goal!
    Shall I change my activity level till I get close to my BMR? Oh I work out from 3 to 6 times a week.

you work out 3-6 times a week yet you set your activity level at sedentary.... why? It's not going to give you the right number of calories if you don't put the right information into it.
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Even though my lifestyle is pretty sedentary as I'm a student (not counting workouts as I track them separately) I put the MFP setting to the highest activity level. That means it gives me about 1500 a day when my BMR is just under that. It helps me to make sure I net above my BMR. Otherwise I should apparently eat around 1200 - I would never manage that!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    How did you get the figure for your BMR?

I'm not convinced there's any good 'science' behind the "don't eat below your BMR" - I'm sure some can safely (hasn't seemed to cause me any problems).
    If you've only got a little to lose, it makes more sense as a guide.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

we need more info, age, height weight. that bmr sounds a tad high.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Your MFP goal doesn't include exercise.
  • martides90
    Options
    So I calculated again my BMR usinng MFP, which already has my current weight, height etc., and turns out is 1472..before I just used a calculator found on Google. So if I change my activity level from sedentary to lightly active my daily calories goal is 1490. Should be fine right?

Another question: some weeks I work out more than others, always at least 3 times so far, but for example this week I can work out everyday. Shall I adjust my activity level according to I active I am gonna be in the week?