Help with weight loss and excercises

Options
Hi all how you doing?... I need some serious help here...well, ive started training 30 days ago... on saturday 8, i weight 73kg which make me happy since i started at 75kg... but i got some things to get rid off the kitchen... before training i bought a bag with these grill meat for hamburguers... nobody want to eat them and im not into throwing food away... there were 8 pieces... so i had to eat them all that day... after looking at the food cart from the bag, i ended up eating 1000 calories... damn... well, on sunday... my parents traveled and i didnt want to go out to buy food so i just stay there... eat some tuna with hard boiled egg but the problem is that i wasnt full enough so i ended up eating pop corn(like those big size boxes from cinemas)... i was kinda dissapointed because i was almost exceding 700 calories(this was sunday, the day before, saturday i was exceding 300)... then next day... monday(yesterday) i weight myself at morning after cleaning bowels and all that stuff... i was weighting 74kg... i almost wanted to break anything i could... so i chill off... and workout as usual... today i weight and again 74kg...damn... could be because of the salt of the pop corn from sunday? i mean is like 2 days ago!... Im on a 1200calories goal... and i eat back my calories(i know there are a lot of troubles about this here on the forum... so to make things easier i just eat them all)...
am i doing well?...

Well thats one thing... on the exercises... i need some help here to know what to do...im not at a gym... i think that i can handle it here at home... i have a stationary bike, an elliptical machine and a mini gym(where i can put these heavy blocks, then sit and pull the bar to the bottom)... Im training like this:

Monday: 50m. in elliptical(i added my height, weight, age, sex) and burn 850 ... i hope thats right since i imput my info... and 200 abdominal crounches... then next day the same elliptical(i do elliptical all days 50minutes), and 4 sets of 8rep with 26kg on the mini gym... then next day i switch the weight for the crunches and i keep it like that till saturday switching between crunches and weight lifting... my question is... is the elliptical acurate?... ive read some posts asking the same but ive read that no one got those digital elliptical to put info into... i mean, mine have and also have like to hand grips where, once grabbed, my heart beats start showing on the screen... so hows my routine... is it good? Thanks...

Replies

• LacieW85
    LacieW85 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat with eating. I'm trying to get back on track. One thing I try to do is eat small meals every couple of hours so I don't get super hungry. It helps me with overeating. I actually just posted last night about needing to get back on the wagon. Someone advised me to make small changes. I think that's so true. Don't try to make drastic changes-you probably won't stick with them. Make small changes that are manageable.

As for exercising, any movement is better than nothing at all! You're doing great by working out. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the elliptical and what it says. The calorie count typically isn't accurate.I occasionally go to the gym just to switch it up a bit, but I also do dvd's at home. Keep moving! That's the most important thing. Keep at it and keep pushing yourself to do more! You can do this!
  • ChinoWong
    ChinoWong Posts: 14
    Options
    Alright then, ill just keep it up. Also about small meals is true :), I've read that 5 or 6 meals a day is the same as 3 meals a day... in the end, what it counts are the eaten calories... But the trick is that by eating 5 or 6 meals, those moments where we used to end up like drug addicts looking for food, can totally dissapear... Thanks Lacie :bigsmile: !!