New to boards, really need some buddies!!

Options
lilli2013
lilli2013 Posts: 13 Member
Hi everyone Ive been using the app a couple of months and managed to lose 10lbs so far. I'm struggling a bit sticking to a plan so this is my first venture onto the boards. I'm 41 (eek), with 2 girls one 18 and one 5 ( big age gap), so I spend most of my time running around after kids and a husband. I would really like some diet buddies so I don't give up!! I've got about another 40lbs to lose.

Lilli

Replies

• udderlyfantastic
    udderlyfantastic Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Add me as a friend if you want. I've been here for a couple of months and have made a good circle of friends, who I am sure would be happy to have one more friend too. I'm 53 and very overweight and have lost 20 lbs since I joined. I'm still feeling very motivated and committed as i have a few health issues that I really want to improve and losing weight is definitely the way to go. I'm going to be hanging around for a long time as its going to take ages for me to get to my target and I would be happy to offer my support. You can contact me anytime. Good luck with your campaign.

Lyndsey
  • geekprincess858
    Options
    I am not new to myfitnesspal, but new to the forums. I'd like to add new friends and anyone may add me as well. I enjoy being inspired by friends and can also be encouraging to you. Good luck!
  • fanniesworld
    Options
    I'll be your friend! We are here to help. You help us too!
  • sweetness11379
    sweetness11379 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also new to the boards but have used myfitnesspal before with great success. I need some buddies to keep me in check. Add if me you like
    :smile: Cathy
  • FitCoachShawn
    FitCoachShawn Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14158-lean-on-me
    This is a support and motivational group. Over 180 members strong and growing everyday!
    we have challenges, webpage, Facebook like page, ect..
    Join the fastest growing group now. :)
  • spirit_runner
    spirit_runner Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody!

I'm new to this too, I feel so young on here but I want to better myself. I'm a 19 year old college student going into her second year. I've become so over weight I refuse to take pictures because every time I see them I want to cry. I've always had trouble with my weight growing up but most of all i lacked support from my family. Since they always knew me as over weight every time I tried to lose weight they would put me down. I decided to use this site to try and get some support from others who also want to better themselves and live a healthier life. We can all get and do better together! :)
  • MichelleADB
    MichelleADB Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm 39 with 3 girls ages 13 ( she thinks she's 18), 11, and 8. Like you, I stay busy chasing them around and running them to their various activities. I have 11 more pounds to lose.

Michelle
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Lilli. I'm a 38 yr old mom of a tween and a teen and I have 30-40 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me if you're looking for new friends. I always say that every little pat on the back for getting a workout done or sticking to your calories helps us along the way.
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi...feel free to add me (anyone). I just recently lost about 1/3 of my 'excess' weight, so I'm kind of in the groove. I can always improve though, and that's where you guys come in! :-)
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me... Down 165 in 11 months... I don't have all the answers, but I know what's worked for me. My diary is open to friends.
  • SylentZee
    SylentZee Posts: 262
    Options
    Welcomeee.