Hen night ..on a 1200 cal diet ???

Options
I have maid of honor duties on a hen night in a month, ive just been informed. It would be my duty to drink everyone under the table besides everything else.... but i just started this diet!!!!! What can i drink??? :(

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Water in a giant vodka bottle? xD

Also, get a jalapeno and sneakily eat it to make your face look all red so it looks drunk.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    1. It is not your "duty" to "drink everyone under the table". If you don't want to drink, don'.
    2. Wine is about 100-120 calories for 5 oz, so not a terrible choice. You could go with a light beer for 50-80 calories. One shot (I oz.) of hard liquor is around 100 calories, I believe.
  • Rangersgirl6720
    Rangersgirl6720 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    There are a number of light vodka's on the market have about 70 calories per shot, you can mix with zero calorie tonic or seltzer water and add fresh lemon or lime. Also, since you are eating less, you will get tipsy mush faster, so be careful.

I am signed up for the same duty in mid-July, you don't have to be pressured into drinking, I let the bride and the other girls know that I was training for a 1/2 marathon and wanted to stick to my plan. We are doing a 3 day weekend at a resort, I got a room with a fridge so I can bring healthy food with me and volunteered to be the driver. Everyone was very supportive. Have fun and be safe!
  • m0jk
    m0jk Posts: 133
    Options
    water in a vodka bottle.. great idea, but i will be in at the bars and clubs .. a couple of glasses of wine and ill be on my way a shot or 2 then order water and pretend its vodka ;D
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I must have been doing it all wrong. I put vodka in my water bottle.
  • m0jk
    Options
    13th july is ours.. i dont need to be drunk to have fun, but everyone else does need to be drunk ;)
  • m0jk
    Options

hahaha :D
  • TinaLRoman
    TinaLRoman Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Eat less than the 1200 (think 600 - 800 depending on how much you plan to drink) a day or two before and after hen night. That way you save cals to compensate for the extra cals from the drinks, and still stay within your calorie limits.

A friend of mine calls it bookending.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

IKR? I like to call that my 'Pre-game warmup' I like to get little 'warm' before the 'main event'.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Hmm seriously, one day will not screw up your diet, and you don't need to starve yourself the day before or after either.

Just call it a maintenance day, set MFP to 'maintain my current weight' for the day, and resume dieting the next day. You'll have plenty of calories to mess with. And logically -- each maintenance day will delay your arrival at goal by ONE day. No biggie!

It's the 7500 calorie cheat days that really delay you :P
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options

...how is that wrong? What else would you put in your water bottle?!
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I have maid of honor duties on a hen night in a month, ive just been informed. It would be my duty to drink everyone under the table besides everything else.... but i just started this diet!!!!! What can i drink??? :(

Sorry I got stuck on the 1200 calorie part. It's none of my business, but that just seems really really low, ok not really really low, but pretty darn low. I know it's doable because I have netted fewer cals than that a lot of days and some days I struggle to get hit my actual calorie goal before exercise. Still I think you could easily up that a couple hundred and add a half an hour exercise and still get to your goal weight and be more comfortable while you do it. Oh and what others said about not worrying about going a bit over on one day if it's just a couple hundred a few hours in the gym or pounding pavement will take care of it in just a couple days. I wouldn't cut back any more on calories though, just up the exercise for a couple days.
  • m0jk
    Options

Sorry I got stuck on the 1200 calorie part. It's none of my business, but that just seems really really low, ok not really really low, but pretty darn low. I know it's doable because I have netted fewer cals than that a lot of days and some days I struggle to get hit my actual calorie goal before exercise. Still I think you could easily up that a couple hundred and add a half an hour exercise and still get to your goal weight and be more comfortable while you do it. Oh and what others said about not worrying about going a bit over on one day if it's just a couple hundred a few hours in the gym or pounding pavement will take care of it in just a couple days. I wouldn't cut back any more on calories though, just up the exercise for a couple days.

i used to be really active, never sat down aleays on the go but i cant exercise at present for medical reasons, so ive been gaining weight .. just started diet chef last friday to try to sort out my calorie intake and eat healthier, hopefuly lose the weight so i can have back surgery for shattered and prolapsed discs , i am looking into what kind of exercises i can try out to get me mobile again without seizing up in pain for weeks ;)