Tricep Extenion...

Options
Okay, so something began happening like the 2nd time I began using the tricep extension at Planet Fitness. It's that one where you sit down, lean forward against something, and pull the handles up to exercise your triceps:

http://www.treadmillscentral.com/images/1067.jpg

I mean I didn't start getting this problem at first, but after a few trips to the gym it began happening. I'd sit down, adjust the weights, grab the handle, start pulling, and then....

I'd get aroused.

I mean, like, not a little "oh hey!" but I mean INTENSE arousal, to the point where I actually get too weak to lift anymore. The first time it happened I was curious so I kept lifting and then burst in to laughter when it became too intense. I began to look forward to the tricep extension even! But now it's frustrating! I want to use this machine and work out my arms but I can't if every time I lift my forearms this happens!

Has this ever happened to anyone else before? Or is this machine possessed by some promiscuous fitness monster?

"Hey! That machine came to life! It's sprung tentacles! And has attacked the girl using it!!"
"Well she's never going to get a good workout if the tentacle tricep extension does all the lifting -for- her..."

Replies

• brit_chick
    brit_chick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Where can i purchase this machine? LOL
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    If the triceps extension machine gets you hot and bothered, you can always do it the old fashioned way: push-ups.

Now, the triceps machine in my gym doesn't have that big metal beam that goes between your legs. Maybe that's it?
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Where can i purchase this machine? LOL

:laugh: :laugh:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    This is the best argument I've heard for resistance machines over free weights ever!
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    This has not happened to me on this machine, but on another it has. I am not sure if working out causes the same endorphins as sex does. Cosmo wrote an article about it. Keep doing the workout, you are benefiting from it twice. :tongue:
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I wish tricep extensions did that for me. <_<
  • lurcstet
    lurcstet Posts: 77
    Options
    I've never had that reaction in the gym.... Although there was a deviate increase in men using the cable machines when the lady's pole dancing class was in the studio next door.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Lol, maybe you're thinking of pulling a man's head toward...............................you know.:wink:

There's always dumbell overhead tricep extensions if that helps.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • st0dad
    st0dad Posts: 23
    Options
    If the triceps extension machine gets you hot and bothered, you can always do it the old fashioned way: push-ups.

I used to be REALLY bad at pushups, but since this is my 3rd week at the gym doing weight training, maybe I can try them now! :D Good idea!

I'm glad I'm not the only one this has happened to, even if it wasn't on the same machine. I'm not sure if it's the movement though, or the fact that both my hands are wrapped around handles unless I secretly have a bukkake fantasy. >_>;