My NSVs for the week - What are yours?

Options
j724mecham
j724mecham Posts: 102 Member
1) Today I ate some snacks and was craving water. I have been and probably still am a Diet Coke fanatic, but have tried to avoid is since it makes me crave carbs. Hurray!

2) I decided to do dive bomber push-ups last night instead of "girl" push-ups that I've been doing since those hurt my knees. And I LOVED them. My shoulders and arms are so sore. AMAZING workout.

3) While laying in bed last night, I could feel my ab muscles under my postpartum pooch! Weird to say, but it helps to motivate me know that I only have so little left to get to them!

Replies

• knitbytes
    knitbytes Posts: 114
    Options
    On Sunday I walked into my MIL's condo and she said "so how are you, Miss No-Butt?" :laugh:

I got my hair cut SHORT (see photo <-- ) this week and EVERYONE I have talked to loves it and says it's "perfect for me" (45 pounds ago I felt I was too heavy to pull of such a short haircut).

Yesterday I had some extra calories so I treated myself to a tagalong Girl Scout cookie. I bit into it (these used to be my favorite treat in the world) and went "eh. I'd rather have a banana peanut butter chocolate protein smoothie with spinach."
  • j724mecham
    Options
    I got my hair cut SHORT (see photo <-- ) this week and EVERYONE I have talked to loves it and says it's "perfect for me" (45 pounds ago I felt I was too heavy to pull of such a short haircut).

It does look amazing. I was offered snacks at a play I went to last night and said no even though many were my favorites. Kind of goes along with yours. Awesome NSVs for it only being Tuesday.
  • NOLA19
    NOLA19 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    NSV of the week... pants are too big!!! Yippie
  • annakdavis
    annakdavis Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    1. Need to get new clothes last weekend- none of what I had fit. Am now a size 12! My size XL shirts are starting to get big.

2. Last night I was starving, and dinner was not ready yet. My 5 year old and I decided to eat salad as a snack!
  • carinaut
    carinaut Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself like once or twice a month at my parents' place so I don't get to crazy about my weight. Today I was feeling quite self concious and fat, even though I did stick with my calories, so I decided to try on some clothes I haven't worn in a long time. First a skirt which was quite tight last summer, it's fitting so loosely I can't wear it anymore! And then I went adventureous and tried on my jeans from when had my 18th birthday and got together with my first boyfriend (now I'm 25) - I kept them because I tend to associate a lot of memories with my old clothes and also, in retrospective I looked good then.....and they fit, I mean they really fit, not like I can get them up with some effort and if I hold my breath I can button them, no they fit COMFORTABLY!!!!

Yeah, I'm really feeling better now, I don't usually post, but I really had to share this (and btw sorry for my English, I'm from Austria :-))
  • crystalreaves2
    crystalreaves2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    btw sorry for my English, I'm from Austria :)
    Your English is better than anyone I see on facebook and I'm from the Usa lol.

Great job to you all!
  • j724mecham
    Options
    1. Need to get new clothes last weekend- none of what I had fit. Am now a size 12! My size XL shirts are starting to get big.

2. Last night I was starving, and dinner was not ready yet. My 5 year old and I decided to eat salad as a snack!

This is awesome. I am excited for my clothes to get too big. And congrats on eating a salad! I generally get home starving too from work and it's so easy to grab snacks.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what NSV stands for!

But I like the other posts and get the general idea so here goes ;-)

Last week I "treated" myself toa McDonald's egg white delight for breakfast and I felt gross all morning. Long gone are the days of fast food breakfasts, yay. I now look forward to my homemade healthy foods each day!

I've had 4 different people tell me the dress I am wearing is way too big, and after work it goes in the donation pile. One year ago it fit perfectly. I have been losing weight over the past 4 yrs and wore basically the same sizes that whole time (for like 3 yrs) despite losing lbs and inches...but now in the last 15 lb stuff does NOT look good or fit me correctly. Sort of a bad thing, budget wise...but I'll take it!

I'm happily engaged but it's kind of cool to notice that I am getting a different type of attention from men. I'm not a girly girl at all but have always found myself hit on pretty regularly...now i see guys check me out way more than they ever have, even when I was in my 20's. A small part of me is annoyed but mostly I am flattered.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    mine was pants
  • dlw1464
    dlw1464 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The waist of my pants do not roll when I sit down, it's the simple things that keep me happy and motivated to eat right.
  • Britterboo22
    Britterboo22 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    NSV= Non scale victory...I didnt know this until recently aswell so dont feel bad.

1: Today I decided to eat a grapefruit...ive never tried grapefruit but heard its good for boosting the metabolism as well as being healthy and I LOVED IT.

2: I walked two miles in 94 degree weather today...i was sweating buckets and loving it!

3: I also had tried on a pair of old capris that i wore last summer that were too big now they fit comfortably! :D
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have a couple.

1a I was was walking around the supermarket shopping and I literally had to hold my jeans up all the way round because they kept falling down. They are now in the sell pile and I only have one pair of jeans that fit in this size bracket (see below)

1b, When I was right at the end of my pregnancy with my last son (hes 1 now) I bought myself some 'big' jeans to wear after i'd had him so I had something to wear. When I tried them on I couldn't get them past my knees. They are now getting really baggy on me and are the last pair of jeans in this size bracket that are ok to wear (all the others now fall down)

2, I have made £60 today selling my clothes that are now too big for me on eBay.

3, This is my fave one. I can't do push ups, like, at all. But yesterday I did 5 full on proper pushups. I couldn't do 1 before so it shocked me to do 5 of them.

Thats mine and they are my first NSV's to so very happy :happy:
  • lisamac62
    lisamac62 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I can cross my legs again
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Got back on track after 4 days of eating way too much...darn hormones and period. Back at it and looking forward to weighing in on Thursday. Will be happy with staying the same as last week's WI.
  • cynthiadmail
    cynthiadmail Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Tried on clothes at a store and discovered I am down 5 pant sizes.:love:
  • firefightingwoman2455
    Options
    I'm counting calories and walking. I told one of my co-workers (a guy) that I have lost 8 pounds so far and he asked me was I doing a starvation diet to be doing so well with losing weight. I am now rubbing off on my husband and my boss and they are trying to eat better as well!
  • j724mecham
    Options
    2: I walked two miles in 94 degree weather today...i was sweating buckets and loving it!

It's about 100 here today. Don't you just love sweating while exercise? Although not necessary, it is a great reminder that you're doing an amazing job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!