Is this true or false?

Options
I have a friend that is VERY in to fitness. In fact she is trying to make it in to the Arnolds next year. She advised me that losing weight is 60% of what you eat 30% of exercise and 10% suppliments. Is this agreeable?

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I've always heard 90% what you eat 10% exercise. Not sure about supplements...
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Really depends on your goals... But if you don't just want to lose weight but get the 'toned' look than that sounds about right
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    80% mental. 20% healthy habits. 0 supplements needed.
  • StrongFitSexy
    Options
    80% nutrition and 20% exercise, never heard of supplements being included in this...
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    not sure where supplements factor in...but I think it's 25% fitness and 75% nutrition. I dated a boxer and he always used to say "abs are made in the kitchen"
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    For a professional bodybuilder 10% supplements sounds right. To simply lose weight it's 80% food and 20% exercise.
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I would say it's almost 100% diet, personally.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    to each his/her own ...... I'm not trying to "make it to the Arnolds" and I don't take supplements :drinker:
  • Ryan_V_A
    Ryan_V_A Posts: 2
    Options
    I would say it's almost 100% diet, personally.

100% Supplements, and I say that because supplements are just food that is marketed and priced up to make you feel like you're doing something special.

Supplements = food. Weight loss = caloric deficit. Exercise = burning calories. Eating = consuming calories. Therefore it is 100% based on what you put in your mouth. Since you can eat more than you can exercise off quite easily, it's best to get your nutrition right first.