Minnesota Nice Joins Fitness Pal!

Options
I'm so excited to be starting this! I'm 210 lbs now, which is a *massive* gain on my 130-135 lb high school weight, and now that I'm out of my undergrad studies, I think it's time to fix that! I'm going to be studying up for some GRE's this fall to hopefully apply for a PsyD (!), and I promised myself that when I grew up, I'd start acting like an adult and taking action to fix my weight problems. Now seems like the time! I've been "trying" (aka--complaining a lot and not doing much more than occasionally skipping dessert) to lose weight for about six years now, and I think my problem was sticking with the idea long enough to do something about it.

Here's where fitness pal comes in: I'm-a make this WORK now! I need to be nagged, and I think if I can get enough of a bee in my bonnet, I'll actually make some progress! Wish me luck, and my best wishes are with all of you!

Replies

• Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this. . .you sound like you are at a place in your life & in your mind where you are determined and that is what it takes!! Best of luck to you too!!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit. You sound determined, and that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • tbrewer29
    Options
    Welcome! I'm originally from MN too... You will love this site, there is tons of support.

Good luck on your weight loss journey!

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • BRITBRITNOLA
    BRITBRITNOLA Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Had to come show some love on your post! You'll do great! I'm studying to..kkkhum..re-take the MCAT. So I know how you feel. I blame that same mentally you were going through on my scores. I was studying,,but more like constantly proclaiming that I was GOING TO study, instead of actually doing it. NowI am focused on getting a better score and losing this weight! Good luck!
  • Alexmn75
    Alexmn75 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm up in St Cloud and have been using this site for a while. It's really useful! Welcome to the group.