Looking for friends for support! Just starting my journey.

Options
abble_pie
abble_pie Posts: 144 Member
Hey MFP friends!

I am just joining this community and looking for new friends on here so we can help support each other!

A little bit about me, I am 24 years old and have just moved to Nashville, TN from Wisconsin. I do not know many people down here and have just started a new job. I have found myself going to eat fast food CONSTANTLY since starting this job, and it needs to stop! I feel so bad about myself every time I do it.

I am starting out at 192 pounds with a goal weight of 140. I can't afford a membership to a gym and currently do not have a car and am looking for some ideas on outside exercises and other things of that nature.

I would love for you to add me and we can support each other :)

Cheers,

Abby

Replies

• priyasonty
    priyasonty Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am 25 and a student in Columbus, OH. Not new to MFP, but new to re-starting. I used to live in Memphis for 2 years after I graduated from college and went to Nashville frequently. I love it! It's a beautiful city.

I've been doing Insanity and trying out clean eating, but would be happy to help and support you whatever methods you choose. Good luck!
  • EveEati02
    EveEati02 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hello! I am looking for people to help motivate and support me too! I love hiking and have recently been attempting to start running... I'd love for you to add me on here :)
  • ShaniB729
    ShaniB729 Posts: 18
    Options
    Feel free to add me, Abby! I am 29 and currently living in Maryland. I got my sister to join not too long ago, so I am totally good with encouragement and motivation :) Hang in there!
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi Abby,

I will send you a friend request. When I started this journey, I was 209.4 lbs. and am now maintaining 130. I am 30 and from Iowa, though we will be moving to Texas soon! Also, check out my pinterest boards (alisia_kellner@hotmail.com). Under Health I have a lot of exercises you can do without any equipment!
    ~Alisia
  • Stellamarie1984
    Options
    Hey hun, im 29 from the uk! add me as a friend if you like! where all in the same boat all trying to reach goals and be fit and healthy! xx
  • SMFRN
    SMFRN Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I started MFP in Janurary and love it. Its great help with monitoring what I eat, exercise, and motiviation. Please, feel free to add me if you would like.
  • merryberry99
    merryberry99 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me if you'd like.

One thing you can always do outside is walk/jog/run. To save gas, I just walk down the street near my apartment and it has certainly helped me shed calories. I know a lot of people who think walking isn't a good enough workout, but I think it's great.
  • DeannaNL
    DeannaNL Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey Abby,

I started at 198lbs & my goal is also to get around 140-145 pounds. Taking it day by day right now & I would love to have some friends to help keep me motivated along the way. Feel free to add me :)
  • Serenity6711
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am a 30 y/o, (sometimes) energetic, mother of a 2 year old baby girl! I am not new to MFP however each time I start, I tend to fall off. I think it would be great if I had some MFP encouragement. I also look forward to providing some encouragement as well. anyone is interested, let me know.
  • roxpallantie
    Options
    Hey! :) I'm Roxy from the UK. 21 and have had problems with weight fluctuating from 12 stone to under 8 stone at my lightest so just trying to get to a happy medium. It is great on here, I did have a break though as I was getting a bit obsessed! Entering one malteser at a time and trying not to eat mangoes or bananas due to the high sugar and calories, or avocados! But I'm better now :) Tracy Anderson has interesting DVDs and after seeing Gwyneth Paltrows' body in Iron Man 3 I'm sure the sales rocketed as she looked HAWT and is Tracy's number one client. I walk everywhere or I tell you what else is fantastic - trampolines! Maybe look into getting a mini trampoline.. tones your bum up no end. Charlie Brooke also has a fantastic work out dvd.. not sure if you can get it in the states but it is a hardcore workout.

Sorry for the essay, I tend to get a bit ahead of myself :) Good luck with your weight loss.. you'll get there!