6 months on MFP W/ Photos

Options
2»

Replies

• Kyledrums
    Kyledrums Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great work Kyle! You have lost loads and whilst the visible changes are huge, it's the health benefits that you can't see that are the real benefit. Your face looks totally different (even under the mahoosive beard!) ... time to ditch the old mugshot profile pic now! Good luck with the continuing journey ... how about starting running (as I recently did)?

Btw, if you're not friends with Kyle, he has the healthiest vegetarian diaries, with occasional dessert splurges! Great fun to view!

Cheers from a fellow Somerset buddy.

I really should update my profile. I did see a good one from a gig I did today. I'll see if I can borrow that one. I'm not sure about running. Maybe jogging. I'd be scare of tripping breaking a wrist and not being able to earn any money. Lame I know.

I'm glad you like my diary. It's very samey but I like what I'm eating.

Also everyone is free to add me :)
  • roverrowe
    roverrowe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    ... time to ditch the old mugshot profile pic now! Good luck with the continuing journey ... how about starting running (as I recently did)?
    I really should update my profile. I did see a good one from a gig I did today. I'll see if I can borrow that one. I'm not sure about running. Maybe jogging. I'd be scare of tripping breaking a wrist and not being able to earn any money.
    Loving the new profile pic!

I had major back surgery in 2007 and spent about 4 years being paranoid about falling over, but I never did! I understand your fears about injuring your hands/wrists, but reckon you'd be fine if you start off very gently. Maybe you could try an elliptical/cross trainer at a gym for an experience similar to running but with lower impact and risks? If you have any preconceptions about being unable to run, that huge loss of c.5 stone will make it feel amazingly easy ... I've only lost 2 stone, but have never felt able to run like I can now (even compared to when I was a teenager!)
  • Kyledrums
    Kyledrums Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    ... time to ditch the old mugshot profile pic now! Good luck with the continuing journey ... how about starting running (as I recently did)?
    I really should update my profile. I did see a good one from a gig I did today. I'll see if I can borrow that one. I'm not sure about running. Maybe jogging. I'd be scare of tripping breaking a wrist and not being able to earn any money.
    Loving the new profile pic!

I had major back surgery in 2007 and spent about 4 years being paranoid about falling over, but I never did! I understand your fears about injuring your hands/wrists, but reckon you'd be fine if you start off very gently. Maybe you could try an elliptical/cross trainer at a gym for an experience similar to running but with lower impact and risks? If you have any preconceptions about being unable to run, that huge loss of c.5 stone will make it feel amazingly easy ... I've only lost 2 stone, but have never felt able to run like I can now (even compared to when I was a teenager!)

I may start adding a bit of a jog to my walk. I'm now walking at a speed that if I go any faster I would be jogging anyway. I like getting outside so don't see myself joining a gym any time soon.

Maybe tomorrow will be my first day for a run....
  • mohdjamal
    mohdjamal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    great job keep going man
  • brit21187
    brit21187 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring. Keep it up your looking great!!!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Wow sir! Love your story! Great progress pics! Keep up the awesome work!
  • Beauty4Ashes2268
    Options
    Congratulations!:smile:
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Excellent. Always great to see someone do something hard, and improve and set an example for the rest of us.
  • Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    love your story, you are the inspiration now
  • Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    love your story, you are the inspiration now :smile:
  • renrutb
    renrutb Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! Great job!

Also, I won't lie. My mind was in the gutter the first time I read that your princess worked out the calories you were drinking each evening. :wink:
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Loved the story! What a success :)
  • greyhoundphile
    greyhoundphile Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow! That makes me feel so much better, knowing that this journey can lead to great rewards! Congrats on your progress!
  • groundhawg
    groundhawg Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! You're looking fantastic.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Doing great! Everyone loves a good story!
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    great job !!! definitely an inspiration !!
  • BrandiBoo84
    BrandiBoo84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Great work!
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Wow - - great change in such a short time. You must be working very hard! Nice job!
  • wmbrett
    wmbrett Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That is very impressive. We started around the same time, and I weighed about 5 more pounds. It's impressive to see how much you've lost in so short a time. I know I could have done more by now, but I couldn't give up the beer. I got down to 181 before vacation, now trying to lose those vacation pounds before my next vacation at the end of the month.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!