5'3 142 Ready to lose the next 8 pounds :)

Options
Hi all! I just wanted some support/ motivation from others who are going through the same experience as I am! I have weighed 127 at my peak skinniest, which was 3 years ago. I did it the total wrong way though, starving myself, taking Adderall, stressed out all the time. I recently just turned 24 and I decided to get on the scale..... I was at 150. I was in shock. ( Even though I couldn't fit in all of my clothes and was very sluggish all the time) I was in denial. This go around I wanted to be healthy and FIT. I didn't want to lose 10 pounds in a week or 2 weeks, what happens then?! It comes right back! So finally after 10 years I decided to take it upon myself to actually work out and eat right. I have been reading books and up for any workouts! I would love to talk to anyone on here! I have lost 8 pounds so far and so excited to keep going!

Replies

• jennnco
    jennnco Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    my starting weight was 140 and , i've managed to get down to 137 right now and i'm looking to get into the 120-125 range of weight the healthy way so i would love to join you in this process!
  • JenRun1
    JenRun1 Posts: 212
    Options
    I'm 137 right now at 5'3", starting weight was 147. Lowest weight 108 (like you done the wrong way)

I'm currently aiming for my goal weight of 125. Feel free to add me and good luck with your journey!
  • erinelizabeth389
    Options
    120-125 is my goal weight too! I want to get in that range and be able to stay there. Im glad someone responded :) I would love to join you in the process as well!
  • andezz99
    andezz99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I recently (2 months ago), joined a Cross-Fit gym. As a part of my starting up, I went to a orientation class to get familiar with all the movements and then a nutrition class to learn about proper diet. They encouraged a Paleo diet (cave man diet) which consists of primarily: meat, vegetables, fruit and some nuts. If you can hut or gather it, its ok. What's excluded is dairy, grains (bread, cereal, oatmeal, corn), soy, packaged foods, sugar, alcohol, potato's, rice.

It sounds tough but it really isn't, you don't focus on counting calories because if you stick to these foods, you really don't get hungry. Protein in meat fill you up and provides a lot of energy. Vegetables are low in calories and it's hard to over eat them. Fruit is a caution food because it does trigger your desire for sugar so don't eat more than two servings a day.

They encourage a full 30 days of this diet which you can find at www.whole30.com or by just searching Paleo on the web.

The first 30 days I lost 20 lb.with a combination of cross-fit exercise. After 30 days, some of my desires for foods that are excluded, kind of went away. It became easier to enjoy vegetables because I had to get creative to eat them, now I actually like things I hated (broccoli, cabbage, and brussel sprouts).

After two months I have dropped about 27 lbs, and lost 5" in my waist. If you want to try a healthy, effective approach, I recommend Paleo.

As far as cross fit, it's been something completely new. I've worked out in gyms my whole life but cross fit is different every day. You never know what the WOD (work out of the day) will be. Your body never gets used to the same thing because it never is the same thing. One thing that will happen, you will sweat, you might be afraid of what your asked to do, and you may surprise yourself at what you can do. A good cross fit gym will modify your workout until you are comfortable to move forward. It is possible to work out with elite athletes and obese members in the same class because you are challenging yourself.

I hope this provides your some guidance when selecting a path that's right for you. In the end it takes diet and exercise to really get results.
  • EveEati02
    EveEati02 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and my goal is to be between 115-120. I would really love to find some friends similar goals to me. Please feel free to add me!
  • kaykaylaws
    Options
    can I ask how many calories you guys are taken in daily? I am in the same position roughly as y'all are. 5'4 and 150 pounds and would like to get down to around 130. I was just wondering if other people are staying at 1200 calories or going higher. I have heard different opinions about eating calorie levels this low.
  • EveEati02
    EveEati02 Posts: 12
    Options
    I eat 1,300 calories a day
  • erinelizabeth389
    Options
    I have been sticking with 1200 a day. In order to maintain my weight I can eat 2000 a day. I stick with 1200, but I also try to burn 400 with working out... I am curious as to what everyone else does as well. I have been losing a pound or so per week if I don't slip up.
  • amandanndel
    Options
    I'm 25 5'6 at 137 right now, looking to be down to 130. I'm at a stand still right now. I'm loosing inches instead of weight, which isn't a problem for me. :wink: I'd love to be help and be helped, it's part of the journey!
  • knarr88
    knarr88 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Im 25 and 5ft 3. I am currently 154 but want to get down to around 120ish. My lowest weight was 121 pounds and would like to get around there again, though that was 3 years ago. Im not good at exercise as I share a house so lack of personal space and I lost my trainers. I have lost 5lbs so far but I keep joining losing about 5lbs then losing motivation again. Weekends are hardest for me but I need to be strong around my boyfriend whilst he eats crap! Was very good this weekend, he ate lots of apple pie and I had one little bit as a treat!
  • MelissaHopeG
    MelissaHopeG Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have been sticking with 1200 a day. In order to maintain my weight I can eat 2000 a day. I stick with 1200, but I also try to burn 400 with working out... I am curious as to what everyone else does as well. I have been losing a pound or so per week if I don't slip up.

Thanks for this, Im 5'3 and 140! Same boat as you. I am wondering, do you eat back the calories you burn so the 1200 is net when you exercise? Or always stick with 1200 no matter how much you burn?

Also what about sugar... I find with 2 pieces of fruit I'm over my limit already. I find that I'm almost always over my limit! Wondering if this is preventing me from loosing...
  • jjackson0822
    Options
    Not all sugar is bad for you. I don't believe MFP takes acknowledges the good in alot of fruit. Ya know?
  • Runhard13
    Runhard13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    near impossible to be under with sugar..nothing to worry about unless your doctor tells you so due to medical issues...you can change the setting on here to something else worth tracking however...I stick with 12-1400 a day regardless of workouts or not..sets up a solid foundation for healthy eating.
  • steph268
    steph268 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm in the same boat. I'm 5'3, and I weight 140 (I have gained five pounds in the past few months due to a shoulder injury and lots of work travel). I'm pretty bummed in this point, as last year at this time I was around 135.

My shoulder is pretty much healed, and I'm back to my workouts which include yoga, kickboxing, boxing, and cross fit. I've done nothing the past few months except some walking, so I'm so ready to get back into this.

My motivation is that I am headed for Maui the end of August, and there is no way I'm going to Maui at this weight. I'd be so depressed.

My biggest obstacle is beer and the weekends, but I'm super motivated now. I just ordered a heart rate monitor, and I'm excited to really track my calorie count with my workouts.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I was 148 which is the heaviest I've ever gotten, and I wasn't happy at all. I'm at 135 right now. I started at 1480 net a day and switched to 1200. Now I'm back around 1450 net since I need to do things a little slower (the right way as you pretty much said)
  • klk8378
    klk8378 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'4" and somehow managed to get up to 151 this year which is the most I've ever weighed. I want to get down to 125. I've already lost about 9 pounds and I'm at 141.5 now. I did it by using a juice cleanse for 2 days to jumpstart me. I know juice cleanses aren't for everyone, but my real problem was the amount of calories I was eating. Now I am finding it much much much easier to stick to that 1200 calories. Once I started eating less, I actually started gaining energy. I have largely cut carbs also which seemed to actually make me more tired. I've lost 9 lbs in probably 3 weeks, but I know this will probably plateau as I continue.

8769356.png
  • highmaintnance
    highmaintnance Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 5'4 and 144lbs. I have lost 19lbs since the end of January. I currently eat 1600 calories a day and I do not eat back exercise calories bc I figured out my daily calories by calculating my TDEE. That has me set to lose right under a pound a week. I think you ladies are eating too few calories if you're not eating your exercise calories back. I did my calculation on scoobysworkshop website.

As for sugar, I don't really pay attention to it because you can't stay under it and eat your daily amount of fruit and if I ate a bunch of candy and junk, I would be over my other macros that I do watch.

I don't have a goal weight. I am focusing more on toning and strength training right now and we'll see at what weight I'm happy with. I currently have 25.5% body fat so I want to get that down more importantly.

Just remember that the closer you get to your goal weight, the slower the weight will come off. Be patient and be consistent. Feel free to add me. Good luck!
  • RachelHoffman0709
    RachelHoffman0709 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'3", weighed in yesterday at 138.8lbs. I was 118lbs at my skinniest. (Looked horrible) I am looking to get down to 125-130. I'm 27. I just sent you an invite. :)
  • MrsSammi
    MrsSammi Posts: 11
    Options
    Feeling the pain, im 152lb and im 5'1. You can do it!! Lets get it off for the long term :)
  • klk8378
    klk8378 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 5'4 and 144lbs. I have lost 19lbs since the end of January. I currently eat 1600 calories a day and I do not eat back exercise calories bc I figured out my daily calories by calculating my TDEE. That has me set to lose right under a pound a week. I think you ladies are eating too few calories if you're not eating your exercise calories back. I did my calculation on scoobysworkshop website.

As for sugar, I don't really pay attention to it because you can't stay under it and eat your daily amount of fruit and if I ate a bunch of candy and junk, I would be over my other macros that I do watch.

I don't have a goal weight. I am focusing more on toning and strength training right now and we'll see at what weight I'm happy with. I currently have 25.5% body fat so I want to get that down more importantly.

Just remember that the closer you get to your goal weight, the slower the weight will come off. Be patient and be consistent. Feel free to add me. Good luck!

How did you figure out your body fat percentage?