Need to find my motivation

Options
I have worked on losing weight off and on for the last 5 years since I had my second child. I have lost some weight and gained it back. Now is the time to get serious. I am in a wedding in 11 months and I need to drop 30-40 pounds in the next four months before we go pick out bridesmaid dresses. I get very little support on the home front. It's so much harder when you're trying to fight the battle without the support of your spouse. I'm hoping to make some great lifestyle changes so I can lose the weight and then maintain it.

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Seems like you found your motivation - you want to lose 30-40 pounds in 4 months.

So track your food and eat what meets your objectives. If other people want to eat a bunch of crap, that's on them. You control what goes in your mouth (hopefully).
  • photoman67
    photoman67 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to shut out all of those who don't support you and do your own thing. I don't have a huge support system here either, so I had to go it alone, but I've lost 30 pounds since march and got down to 17% body fat by doing consistent workouts (by myself of course) and, most importantly, watching what I eat. You can do this, just realize that it takes time and determination! Also, just try to envision how good you're gonna look at that wedding in 11 months! I am a wedding photographer and I've seen a lot of good looking Bridesmaids, and I bet that you'll be one of them! Hopes this helps motivate you, even a little!
  • cweaver1981
    cweaver1981 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • adairbrum
    adairbrum Posts: 68
    Options
    you need to take care of YOU!!!!!
  • kellykw
    kellykw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Be your own motivation! :smile:
  • sempertracy
    sempertracy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I'm just back on the wagon after a death. It's just getting that push to get you over the first hurdle-the first day. You can do this. Imagine yourself healthy in the bridemaids dress that is sexy and flattering. I'm training for a duathlon and need to lose about 30 pounds overall. I'd be happy to help keep you motivated-the family front is a tough one. My spouse isn't very supportive either, but I've done it before without him and I can do it again and so can you! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • klk8378
    klk8378 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would recommend a cleanse to start you off if your diet it the problem. I know some people are against cleanses but I did one for just 2 days and already I feel like I'm shedding the weight off so much more easily. I was having so much trouble getting the motivation to lose weight so finally one day I decided to go drastic with a cleanse and it helped jumpstart me so much. It helps you realize you don't need as much food as you think. I was overeating majorly and now I find it pretty easy to stick to a 1200 calorie diet.

8769356.png
  • Britterboo22
    Britterboo22 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I agree with the whole cut negative unsupportive people out of your motivation ring.
    My BFF of 20 years is big herself and is the most unsupportive person towards me when it comes to weight loss BUT then i do have some friends that are supportive. My family is very supportive of my weightloss and that helps alot.

for me ive been big all my life tried losing weight before and lost as much as 20 lbs before falling from the wagon HARD.
    I always remind myself of how good i felt/ how many compliments i got when i did lose 20 lbs and i know i can be there again. With lots of work and healthier food choices.

I make small goals. Like i plan to lose ten then after ten ten more then so on and so forth.
    I always think about how different i hope to look in the long run.
    Remind yourself why youre doing it and think about if you were to fail? how upset would you be?
    Im the I REFUSE TO SINK type...so sometimes i have to be hard on myself.

also this community is VERY awesome when it comes to motivation and being supportive.
    if youd like add me and ill be your motivation!