need help please (reverse)

Options
I'm currently reverse dieting and need a really simple way to add carbs every day 3-5g if possible
would it work if i was to add half a rice cake every day to add carbs up slowly? this is how it will look
day 1: half rice cake (13 calories 3g carbs)
day 2: full rice cake (26-28cals 6g carbs)
day 3: 1 1/2 rice cakes (41 calories 9-10g carbs)
day 4: 2 rice cakes (54 calories 12-14g carbs)
you get the idea
would this work? and when i get to 100 calories of rice cakes could i then take out the rice cake and replace it with a 100calorie cereal bar? then add rice cakes to the cereal bar like the method above till i reach 100cals of rice cakes and then add another 100calorie cereal bar as a replacement so I'll be eating 2 bars? would this work? thanks.

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I truly hope you're eating more than rice cakes each day.....?

what are you trying to achieve? I can't comment on whether something will work, because all I can see is you eating tiny quantities of rice cake each day....? if you're trying to starve yourself to death, those kinds of quantities of rice cake might work. If you're trying to achieve anything else you need to provide more information.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    is that all you will be eating???
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to answer this because I can't tell what you're eating the rest of the day...:huh:
  • sempertracy
    sempertracy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    What's reverse dieting?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reverse dieting and need a really simple way to add carbs every day 3-5g if possible
    would it work if i was to add half a rice cake every day to add carbs up slowly? this is how it will look
    day 1: half rice cake (13 calories 3g carbs)
    day 2: full rice cake (26-28cals 6g carbs)
    day 3: 1 1/2 rice cakes (41 calories 9-10g carbs)
    day 4: 2 rice cakes (54 calories 12-14g carbs)
    you get the idea
    would this work? and when i get to 100 calories of rice cakes could i then take out the rice cake and replace it with a 100calorie cereal bar? then add rice cakes to the cereal bar like the method above till i reach 100cals of rice cakes and then add another 100calorie cereal bar as a replacement so I'll be eating 2 bars? would this work? thanks.

The math seems correct. But "work" for what, exactly? What is the goal? Have you been low-carbing and you now want to add carbs back slowly?
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    What is reverse dieting? Are you trying to slowly add weight instead of losing it? Are you slowly adding more calories to your diet?
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I am not even sure what "reverse dieting" is - sounds like gaining weight to me. What are you trying to achieve? Are you already eating a healthy diet with enough calories to sustain your current weight each day? Unable to attempt an answer with out more information. Why would you just want to add carbs?
  • StratiuZ
    StratiuZ Posts: 6
    Options
    No I'm eating 1900 calories, 1g protein per pound bodyweight, 25% fats and the rest carbs. I'm trying to increase my calories from 1900 using this method, will it work?
  • StratiuZ
    Options
    because my metabolism has slown down to maintain my weight at 1700 when I should be maintaining at 2800 calories, so i need to slowly add carbs back into my diet to get back to my off-season maintenance. understand?
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    With that in mind I am pretty sure that is one way to increase your carb intake but you are going to get really sick of rice cakes.....of course I was told that about popcorn a year ago and I still eat approximately 300 cal. worth of the stuff each day......
  • StratiuZ
    Options
    No I'm eating 1900 calories, 1g protein per pound bodyweight, 25% fats and the rest carbs. I'm trying to increase my calories from 1900 using this method, will it work? i need to get back to a 2800 maintenance without gaining to much fat, like 1-2 pounds at it's most
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    the reverse diet ive read about is you eat your dinner for breakfast and eating your breakfast for dinner
  • tubzzy77
    tubzzy77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yeah buddy anytime you eat more food you're going to add calories. I would just eat a tablespoon of peanut butter once a day and save the hassle.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    Just eat more. Don't make it so complicated. It really isn't.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    No I'm eating 1900 calories, 1g protein per pound bodyweight, 25% fats and the rest carbs. I'm trying to increase my calories from 1900 using this method, will it work? i need to get back to a 2800 maintenance without gaining to much fat, like 1-2 pounds at it's most

Oh. So you are doing this by adding 12 calories per day? I'd probably go with adding 100 calories every 7-10 days. If I started to gain more than a couple lbs, I'd stick with that amount till it evened back out, then add another 100, and continue until I was where I needed to be.

But I wouldn't limit to rice cakes. Unless you really like rice cakes. Just add whatever foods you enjoy.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    because my metabolism has slown down to maintain my weight at 1700 when I should be maintaining at 2800 calories, so i need to slowly add carbs back into my diet to get back to my off-season maintenance. understand?

on what basis do you think that your metabolism has slowed down that much?

if you tried raising your calories and found you gained weight, that's because of glycogen and water. It's not fat, and you're not at a surplus when that happens. Glycogen is stored in your liver and muscles, it's your body's short term energy store (fat is the long term store). it's stored along with water, hence the gain in scale weight. Don't freak out about this, and don't assume weight gain from upping your calories means that you're at a calorie surplus.

Eat more, let your glycogen stores refill, then you'll probably find that you start losing again because you're not eating at maintenance yet. If you want to maintain, keep raising your calories until you are no longer losing weight. If you want to continue cutting, then raise your calories until you're losing weight at a slow but steady rate.