Sabotaged

Options
I have not told my daughter about my weight loss since she lives across country and I wanted to surprise her at Christmas. Imagine my surprise when I was on the computer and looked out the window and saw a FedEx truck pull up. For fathers day she sent a huge box from Omaha Steaks filled with steaks, hot dogs, stroganoffs and heaven help me 6 cheese cakes. I just sort of whimpered when I saw it all. Give me strength to use moderation. I love the thought. And no I will not invite any of you for dinner. Please save a place for me at the gym:blushing: On a serious note it made me realize that sending food as gifts is not a good idea.

Replies

• jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Oh, my gosh, that's funny. If it was just one cheesecake you could rationalize having one piece as a treat, but knowing that there were five more lined up behind it. . . . . . ... . ..
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Erm....is it kosher to re-gift food? Got any birthdays coming up? xD
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Dinner party would be great - you should totally have one. This way you get to share the stroganoffs & cheese cakes with your friends & have a great time (keep the steaks). Having a slice of cheesecake with friends is much better than sitting in a room alone, eating it all by yourself.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    6 cheesecakes? Time for an impromptu bulk cycle.
  • JuliaLee67
    JuliaLee67 Posts: 149
    Options
    LOL sounds like me! I've still got stuff my mom sent me from Omaha Steaks, leftover from Christmas. You can do it, though! Just put it in your freezer and eat it a little at a time. Moderation is the key, and it CAN be done.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    food is an EXCELLENT GIFT!

Fuel for your work out!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Oh no and here she probably thought it was a fantastic gift. Cheesecake is my downfall I would find every excuse to have a piece. What I do when I have treats in the house I take it to work and put it in the guys break room where I do not have to see it and they love it. As for the others enjoy yourself in moderation of course and have at least a little cheesecake and send her a great thank you note.
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Oh if you say you got some of those twice baked potatoes, too I'm just going to lose it.
  • TedStout
    TedStout Posts: 241
    Options
    That is a wonderful gift. Keep the cheesecake and send me the steaks!

OH...and maybe one of the biggest smiles I have had today. Funny story! Thanks for sharing.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    A couple options -

1. Call Omaha. They may let you exchange the package for something more suited to what you want.
    2. Personally, I'd keep the steaks, jettison the sweets, so I would find an alternative to throwing them away (also loathe wasting food, so...). I tend to take those kinds of things to work and set them in the break room. They disappear really quickly. Or see if a local church or food shelter will take them. If they're wrapped in plastic or sealed in their boxes, I don't know why they wouldn't.

And I would probably let your daughter know what's going on so she doesn't make the mistake again. You don't have to go and ruin the surprise, just let her know that you've turned a corner with managing your diet and, while you appreciate her sentiment, you would appreciate something more in line with the lifestyle change you're making. If you give the gift to charity, let her know that's what you did and that the charity was very appreciative of the gift. That way she won't feel like she wasted her money.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    Oh good lord you lucky lucky man. Hmmmm. Cheesecake.....
  • nope31
    nope31 Posts: 174
    Options
    EAT THEM..MY Gosh ppl, stop thinking that all the good food has to go.
    Self Control Ppl.
    Op for sure fire up the BBQ and have some steak.
    And Cheesecake for desert
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Oh dear. What a thoughtful daughter you have. Do you have a freezer? With a lock? Maybe a potluck to go to that some of those cheesecakes can be taken to? The only advice I can give is pray... *hard* and exercise a lot.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Think of it as a box of proteins, fats, and carbs, work it into your daily macros and enjoy!
  • LDfitnessgoal
    Options
    Throw a Father's day Block party and use it all up...seriously, i would not have self control around 6 cheesecakes. Hope you do...good luck!!!!
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    OMG you have the best daughter in the world!! Eat some yummy food and don't spoil your surprise! Food is a fabulous gift! Just don't eat all the cheesecake to yourself. Sharing is caring!
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Donate them to a mission for the homeless, in fact volunteer your service and celebrate with dessert, I'm sure they would love a piece of decadent cheese cake, ... Just a thought.
  • spirytwynd
    spirytwynd Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Time to throw a block party!!! It is the beginning of the summer BBQ season!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Just put up signs in your neighborhood that you are having a beef and cheesecake party. With wine.
  • alglenn2013
    alglenn2013 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Dinner party would be great - you should totally have one. This way you get to share the stroganoffs & cheese cakes with your friends & have a great time (keep the steaks). Having a slice of cheesecake with friends is much better than sitting in a room alone, eating it all by yourself.

This is a fantastic idea! You get to have a good time with friends and share the bounty!