Bittersweet morning - hurt hand

creativefrugalmom
creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
So, this morning is bittersweet for me. It's a beautiful morning, but my step son, who is autistic and mentally challenged (not to mention the mood disorder), had to be hospitalized yesterday after an episode. He will be fine. They will adjust his medication and hopefully he will be home soon. During the process in which I was trying to restrain him until the ambulance got there, I hurt my hand terribly. I will probably be going this morning to get x-rays. So much for lifting weights for a while...ugh! I was on such a roll with developing muscles and definition. Awe well, a small price to pay for his safety. As my husband mentioned as well, what would have happened if I hadn't been liting weights lately? The struggle to get him restrained would have been a lot worse.

I am thankful that I can still do cardio so I will continue all my training, just without the push-ups and weights.

Please keep my son in your prayers. Thank you all and have a wonderful day!

Replies

• StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    I'm really sorry to hear of your son's troubles and your pain, but you and your husband are right, it would have been a lot worse for him is mom had not been there to protect him, and if you were not in the shape to restrain him, both of your could have been hurt worse.

You can still do some lifting with a bad hand, that arm is going to get a rest for a while, but with machines and such you should still be able to do you legs and other stuff.

Once you figure out what is wrong with your hand (I hope nothing is actually busted) then see a fitness trainer (if you go to a good gym they should have one on staff) and ask for routines that you can do without stressing your wounded wing.

Look at is as a chance to try some different training.

I hope you and your son are better soon, he is luck you have such a mom.
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Oh my....I am sorry about your hand and the situation that caused your hand to be hurt. Protecting children can be hard....I would throw myself in front of a bus if it meant saving my girls. I can't imagine what you have to go through with a son who is autistic and the challenges you must face daily ! I have to normal healthy children and they are a handful ! You are supermom ! He is lucky to have you !

I will pray for you and your family. I hope your hand gets better soon !
  • 2ndtime
    2ndtime Posts: 2
    Just remember that your son is in good hands. I keep him, you, and your family in my prayers. Dont worry there are plenty of other type of exercises you can do. Good Luck.
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Thanks everyone! It's not broken!!!! Yeah. I need to give it a couple of days. It's a very bad bruise so have to keep working it out and using ice. I can't wait! I feel so guilty not sticking with my routine, but sometimes it happens. At least I'm not giving up.
This discussion has been closed.