Feels like i'm doomed to be fat forever...

Options
Hello, I have been using the food and exercise tracker here for a while but this is the first time i have every posted. just a little about me, i'm 29 SAHM of 3 married for 9 years.

I started my Eating plan (I dont like the word Diet, to me that feels like a short term plan and i need a life time plan), back in January. I was doing really well last 20 lbs in the first 4 months. Then Would cheat and not eat when i'm suppose to and eat not health stuff. It was of for a while i would go off and on and still make some progress. But now i have managed to put on 7 of those pounds i already lost. I feel defeated, and i know it is my own fault! i have no self control. My husband and i are going on our first vacation together this Oct. I was hoping to lose this weight before we left. At this rate it will never happen. I feel like i will be fat for ever...and i don't want to be, so why cant i keep myself on track? I'm hoping by "Outing" Myself I wil hold myself more accountable for what i put in to my body and work heard to get this weight off!

Thanks so much for listening.

Replies

• pbonsell
    Options
    Hi
    I know how you feel......dont loose heart and allow yourself to accept the praise of getting back on track, it was only 7lbs not 20lbs!
    good luck
    Pam
  • mandillynn2
    mandillynn2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Know that you're not alone with this. I've done the same thing, only I have put on ALL the weight back. I had lost my motivation when I didn't need to fit into my wedding dress anymore (changed plans to a Vegas wedding where a wedding dress isn't needed). Now, I had reached a point where I need to at least try. Think of it this way... you could have gained EVERYTHING back, but you still have lost 13 lbs. That's still something to be proud of. Just get back on that horse and be determined to lose more than those 7 lbs you put back on.

Everyone has their will broken from time to time. At least you're aware of it, and you know what you need to do to get back on track. You know you can do this. :flowerforyou:
  • citizenstarr
    citizenstarr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I know it sucks to start over but look at it this way - when you were on track you lost 20lbs in 4 months. You have until October to lose some weight and feel good about yourself before you head off to vacation. That means you have the ability to lose 10lbs before then, at the very least. You can do it :)
  • lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    Options
    Draw a line today and put that phase behind you. Take the decision today that you can do this and make your next choice the right one to put you back on track. And then the next choice do the same. Soon making the right choice for what you want to do will become automatic and the motivation will come back.

Good luck with Phase 2 :flowerforyou:
  • navstar
    navstar Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Maybe your being too hard on yourself! You say you eat stuff you shouldn't, I don't have any of limit food, if I want pizza I'll have pizza and god help the person who gets between me and my chocolate!:mad: As long I end the day at around my calories goal (+/-100) I'm happy, If I think I'm gonna run out of calories I'll workout extra to put some back in the bank as it were.

You have to remember the more you deny yourself anything the more you want it and sometimes knowing you can have it makes it less tempting.

IMHO you need to rethink what YOU want from this, it will only work if YOU are 100% committed to improving yourself. Its not about have self control its about having self respect, would you tolerate anyone else sabotaging your hard work? No so don't let your self do it either.

Be honest with your self and you may find that right now you are not ready to commit to this but you might (hopefully) surprise yourself!

Good luck.
  • tw1970
    tw1970 Posts: 10
    Options
    I have felt that way in the past also! I had to sit down and list out some motivators!
    My Kids topped my list! I really want to be around for them! be an example of what you can do if you work hard, be around for them for along time and be able to go out and do activities with them, while their young.
    I have type 2 diabetes and will be forty next month and my mom passed away from complications of diabetes five years ago. (yet another motivator) I seen myself heading in her direction fast.
    My family and I are going to Maui in Dec and I want to feel better wearing a bathing suit and enjoy my vacation.
    Another motivator was my back, I've always had problems and I want to feel better!!!!! :smile:

I found listing out motivators really helps me! When I am losing my will and need a reality check.....I look at my list and smile!

One idea: put your list on your fridge and snack cupboard with pics of your kids!

Send me a friend request and we can keep each other motivated!

Tammy
  • jamie11k
    jamie11k Posts: 82
    Options
    Time to sit down and focus. Plan your meals, and eat what you plan! You don't have to eat the same foods or at the same time as your family. Eat protein throughout the day, get at least 64oz of water. Take the stairs. Take your kids on a walk everyday. Or schedule an hour every day of YOU time and get in your exercise while the hubby watches the kids. You'll find the way if you REALLY want to make a change. :)

This can be overwhelming if you are trying to see the big finish line. If you start now, you could lose 5 lbs by October. Doesn't that sound like a good goal? We're all here to support you and you already know you can make it happen!

So get to it! :)
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    A real change in life starts in the mind and the body will follow, If you give up before you start you will never be able to make the change, Keep your goals easy to reach eating right today working out today set a goal for the end of the week. then when you reach your goal give your self a reward but becareful about food rewards.

It's a long road don't give up after the first 100 steps.
  • memphy
    memphy Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you all for your motivating words! I know this is not going to be easy nor is it going to quick. I tell mself every morning that today will be the day...Hopefully today really is!