Newbie from IL

NANCY899
NANCY899 Posts: 1
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hello all,

I just joined like 2 weeks and have to say I love this website, except its been a hard struggle for me to keep up. I'm looking forward to loosing at 60lbs, i have been diagnosed with type2 diabetes and I have 3 children I have to think about! Hope you make new buddies on here that will motivate me and support me as I will do the same! :smile:

Replies

• MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit. You sound very determined, and that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • I just found the site and joined today. I also have Type 2 diabetes and struggle with weight loss. I suspect a thyroid problem after reading OVERCOMING THYROID DISORDERS by David Brownstein. Next month I will discuss my findings with my Dr. In the past I have worked out in the gym, taken water aerobics, changed to healthy eating---all without sucess. A couple months ago I saw the Dr. Oz show with 3 overweight nurses. He suggested they eat every two hours. Yogart, omega-3, complex carbohydrate, salad, vegetable, fruit in that order, and I can't remember the last one. I tried this along with suggestions from the book and lost 9 lbs. Any deviations brings the weight back on! It's a losing battle that I need to conquer! Good luck to all.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Welcome to MFP everyone here is very helpful. You are on a great start coming here! I'm also from IL (Kankakee area). Best wishes on reaching your goals :)
  • Welcome Larue. I am glad you are here. Lobe you shorty. Let's get it!!!
  • lizzie888
    lizzie888 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi Nancy, I'm a newbie too...sorta. I used the Runnersworld.com program to get started exercising last September. (Start off running just one minute at a time!) Life changing. Had some health issues 2 months ago and slacked off from exercise (and now healthy eating too!) For me they go together. Anyways I'm using this program to get the "healthy eating" back in order. Have lost 50 pounds! I have more to go and am hoping this website will help me focused again. Don't overlook exercise. You get a physical feedback of mightiness that you don't get with just dieting! All the best.!
This discussion has been closed.