Anyone doing PALEO for weightloss?

Options
Hello, well i forgot that i had an account on here lol...well any who, is doing PALEO for weightloss? Im thinking about doing this and if so how were were your losses? I have 160 pounds to lose, and i have pcos and hypothyroidism but both controlled with meds.....so hope yall have answers for me lol....

Replies

• chocolateblueberry
    chocolateblueberry Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've lost 70 pounds over the past three years, but I've only been eating paleo for about six months. I think it makes healthy options easier as the option going for something unhealhy is taken away from you!
  • Tiffanylperez
    Options
    I just started paleo yesterday, but today I have concerns... the selling point with me was that "this is how the cavemen ate and our bodies are genetically made to eat this type of food!" yet I can't eat things that I would consider "natural" like potatoes, beans, and other stuff like that... I liked the fact that the paleo diet wasn't created by science, but was just our natural way of life way back when. The more I read, though, the more it sounds like some doctor telling me what to eat. So... I don't know. There's my two cents I guess!
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I just started paleo yesterday, but today I have concerns... the selling point with me was that "this is how the cavemen ate and our bodies are genetically made to eat this type of food!" yet I can't eat things that I would consider "natural" like potatoes, beans, and other stuff like that... I liked the fact that the paleo diet wasn't created by science, but was just our natural way of life way back when. The more I read, though, the more it sounds like some doctor telling me what to eat. So... I don't know. There's my two cents I guess!

While anyone can eat any way they choose, I thought this vid was very entertaining and insightful. It's long, but I think this gal is a good speaker. I think it specifically addresses the thought that "this is what our ancestors did".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMOjVYgYaG8