HOW THE HECK do I eat 1600 calories!?

Options
2»

Replies

• momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry don't eat

It sounds like the OP is beginning to transition into maintenance, so more calories is a necessity.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Leave out anything titled low fat/non fat. Honestly, they are more unhealthy for you over the real thing. Boom - there's your extra calories.

^that! times 100000. seriously. :)
  • ponyskates
    ponyskates Posts: 37
    Options
    Thank you everyone-- I completely forgot about avocados. It's scary to think I'll be eating more to lose weight, but I might as well give it a shot.

Seriously thanks so much for your tips! I eat a lot of greek yogurt but always the 0% stuff. SO EXCITED for the 2% ones-- way more flavour options!
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I went from 1200 calories and not loosing weight to 1800 calories and loosing about 2 pounds + a week. You need to look for more calorie dense foods. My go to is cheese. 1 oz of cheese has about 100 calories in it. and 1 oz of cheese is not that much at all. Also, change everything that you have been eating low cal/fat free to the regular and that will bump your calories too. For instance if you typically do fat free salad dressing use the full fat dressing, 25 calories in fat free to 100+ calories in the regular.
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    Fat (olive oil and nuts mostly) and wine.

Yes!! and dark chocolate please.
  • Mrs_Bones
    Mrs_Bones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Eat a handful of nuts. Done lol
  • ToBeCountry
    ToBeCountry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Nuts, nut butters, full fat dairy, Greek yogurt, cheese, dark chocolate, avocado, olive oil, etc. Plenty of healthy foods that will give you a quick calorie boost without filling you up.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Very doable - i did the whole 1200 calories and stalled losing. Now I eat 1400-1500 and the weight is coming of again, and I have no problem hitting 1600 some days (I just burn off the extra).

Like everyone else said - full fat milk, yogurt, nuts, seeds, cheese, avo!
  • BHetrick
    BHetrick Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Protein shake.
    Add heavy cream if the shake isn't enough.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    ice cream
    cookies
    cakes

If you're low on cals and looking for something high. Why fill up on bro foods, you'll never eat it all.
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Eat some nuts. Or peanut butter on bread,x2, 400 calories is so easy to consume its not funny
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    One mouthful at a time.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    i don't eat "diet" foods... so I have no problem.

in fact, I think most of my "weight loss journey" were days I ate chocolate and pizza and clocked in at about 1600 calories. I just also worked out a lot. I don't think I ever really just ate 1200 and left it at that.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    I can smell 1600 calories.

I wish/pray/dream about having problems eating up to my calorie limit.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    A handful of almonds is 200 calories right there. Doesn't take up a lot of space in the tummy, but gives you a little calorie boost. I wish I had some right now.
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I can smell 1600 calories.

I wish/pray/dream about having problems eating up to my calorie limit.

I KNOW!! I never understand these posts. If I am not careful, I could eat my calorie limit in one meal!
  • Cese27
    Cese27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Eat a handful of nuts. Done lol
    I'm so childish but that made me lol
  • HealthyNurseK
    HealthyNurseK Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    While you transition, just take it slow to get up to your new calorie goal if you feel like it's a big jump to get to the right amount. It took me a few weeks to figure out how to eat more and not just fill up on anything just to reach my calorie quota.
    Great ideas here to incorporate more protein - full-fat or low-fat dairy, eggs, olive oil, nut butters, avocado, etc. If you find it helps to add a few healthy snacks in there rather than just add to the size of your meals, that can help too.

Great job reaching maintenance! It's an exciting and transitional stage and you'll do great if you just keep listening to your body and trying to make the most healthy changes and choices.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I easily hit 1800-1900+ every day - diary is open. Hafta say I was on vacation a few weeks ago, and had family stuff last week, so there's a lot of dinners out and such...and over abundance of some things, but go further back and you'll see healthier stuff. :tongue:

As others have said, eat more calorie dense foods - nuts, nut butters, avocados, use olive and coconut oils in dressings and cooking, whole eggs, full fat dairy, etc. I have raw almonds around all the time - great snack and they add up quick. Slice an apple or banana and dip it in a tablespoon of peanut butter. Or do the same with a few squares of super dark chocolate. If you really wanna have fun, swirl a tbs each of peanut butter and Nutella, and then dip the apples. Speaking of Nutella - stir a spoonful of it into a half cup of plain Greek yogurt - heaven!

Keep tracking, checking other examples - it's a learning process. It has taken me some time to learn new eating habits to cut back on the junk, and then even longer to fine tune things to get the proper amount of cals and aim to hit my macros. But it's worth it.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Ive always found the open mouth-insert food-swallow method works best. I can eat serious amounts of food...even when watching my diet.