New to MFP hoping to finish my goal

Options
Hi All!! I am new to MFP but I have been working on losing weight for the last 2 years. In 2008 I weighed in at 220 lbs. I wore a size 22 pant it was the heaviest I had ever been. I now weight 178 and for the last 7 months I have hovered around that weight. I decided to join MFP because I was tired of those last 15 lbs taunting me :cry:

I am a runner I normally log about 25 miles a week. I just ran my first half marathon in july. I am currently training for a duathelon in september with the hopes to finish (no goal time yet)

Just basically looking for friends to join me on this journey.

Replies

• annitin
    annitin Posts: 14
    Options
    Congratulations on losing those pounds. I hope this site will help. Just keep the faith!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!! I hope we can encourage you during your weight loss. It sounds like you can give us a "run" at encouraging us, too! :drinker: (water)
  • Kushiel32
    Options
    Annitin - looks like you might be new too I am excited to be a cheerleader in your corner. :flowerforyou:
    Bjberry - I can't believe how close you are to your goal that is fantastic :happy:
  • annitin
    annitin Posts: 14
    Options
    Way to go!!!!:bigsmile:
  • zonjiaj
    zonjiaj Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello, new to the website, I have been gaining weight steadily since my first son was born 5 years ago. He is going on 6 years old in October and I just decided to myself, I am tired of not seeing my feet for my belly and not being able to run and keep up with them without feeling like my chest is gonna burst. I am only 210 pounds now, but I want to be at 145 if I can get there. I am gonna give this website a shot. I am currently a member of lifestyles family fitness center.

I have 3 boys, all ranging from 5, 2, and 5 months. I want my family to see me as a role model and that I acheive my goals. Most of all I want to love myself to give myself the gift of health and vitality. I stay home most of the time with my children and don't get the chance to get out and make many friends, so anyone who wants to friend me is welcome! Look forward to the journey.