New to this! Hope it works!

Options
Just thought I would drop in and say hi to everyone! Just started this program today. A little about myself....40 year old mother who was diagnosed with graves disease about four years ago and have been struggling with my weight since then. I work alot in a very busy and fast paced enviromnent so i really have to start doing extra exercise during the week and stop making the excuse that I work out at work enough. Could really use some support since I will also be trying to quit smoking in about a months time....Going on vacation soon and don't think I want to throw that one into the mix yet. My goal is to be a healthier version of myself, like I use to be!

Replies

• raymondstott
    Options
    Sounds like your got a plan, gave up smoking myself two and a half years ago, not trying to get the healthier me back, rooting for you in you goals, happy to add.
  • exohglo
    exohglo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It WILL "work" - you're in a good community for motivation :)
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome and great job on the 'no excuses' on exercise and the plan to quit smoking (I quit at the beginning of March). Get started :)
  • feliciaflores
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! This has been working well for me. My only advice is to make sure to always track your food. I find on days I don't I definitely go over. Welcome to the gang - feel free to request me for support! I am in the process of quitting too and losing simultaneously and it's working!
  • chivalservant
    chivalservant Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Don't worry about the weight loss or giving up anything.....simply log food and exercise daily....everything else just sort of happens when journaling.....its magic
  • JKLN5
    JKLN5 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi All-

I am also new to this and wondered if people eat the extra calories they get for exercising? Or will I not lose weight if I eat the exercise calories?

Many thanks~
    Jenn