NSV None of my belts fit!

Options
I've only been at this for a little while, but I've already lost 18 lbs and a few inches off my hips and waist. I haven't bought any new clothes yet because I don't think I'll get smaller than one more size down so I wanted to wait and get some nice things. All my jeans are too big, even some that had been too small when I started losing weight. I only own one pair of shorts because I thought I was too fat for shorts. Today when I put them on, they fell off! I tried a belt, but they still were barely hanging on. I had to get one of my husband's old BDU web belts just to keep my shorts from falling off. I couldn't even get his belt around me at all a couple of months ago, and now I have about 6 inches extra length.

Replies

• Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    :wink: :smile: :wink: :smile: :wink: :smile: :wink: :smile: :wink: :smile: :wink: GREAT FEELING :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched:
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Woot!!!!!! :drinker: :smokin: :drinker:
  • 63hanson
    63hanson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That has to be an amazing feeling!
  • heytherelameman
    heytherelameman Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm so happy for you, and I cannot wait for this. :)))))
  • Snapper1985
    Snapper1985 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same place. Unfortunately, ALL of my non-workout bottoms require a belt...which doesn't currently help the problem. Gotta punch some holes, I suppose.
  • crissyniko
    crissyniko Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Had to punch a hole this morning! Pants falling off and belt did not help!
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Woot!!!
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    woohooo!!!

great post, well done :)
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Way to go.
  • timpicks
    timpicks Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I just bought a hole puncher this morning. Smells like... victory.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!! Awesome NSV! You're doing AWESOME! My previous belt just broke because I had punched holes in it and it split... so I had to go buy one. I actually got to go to a "normal" store instead of a plus size store and buy a size XL belt and it fit! I got one that has holes all the way around as part of the design so I won't have to buy a new belt until I I stop losing. I really REALLY needed the belt too since I'm currently a size 20-22 and most of my pants are size 28... actually what I need is some new pants but who has money for that?
  • cyclist_44060
    cyclist_44060 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I had to break down and buy a new belt myself this past weekend. Congrats on your amazing progress!
  • brc912
    brc912 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It is a great feeling!!! Had the same experience (A few times having gone from a 56 to a 38...) Keep up the good work!
  • Snapper1985
    Snapper1985 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Definitely in the same boat here. Add to get out the drill and put a new hole in my day-to-day belt. It just wasn't helping keep my pants on. I think it was a 48" max and I now have it holed for about 42". Crazy. Also, my workout shorts are getting to the point where the drawstring can't even pull tight enough to really secure them. I feel like if I run long enough, they're going to end up popping off, and nobody wants to see that..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!