I climbed a mountain!!!!

Options
Sooooooo......lately (like the last 15 years, lol) I feel like I've forgotten who I was. When I was a little girl I was the first girl in my area to play little league....once I made it to high school I went out for the cheerleading squad.....after not making the cut, I decided to follow in my brother's footsteps....and I joined the wrestling team. Now, I came from a small school (92 kids in my graduating class...and 5 towns went to my school), so when I say wrestling team, I mean "boys" wrestling team....or at least it was 'til I got there! I made up my mind that if I was gonna join the team, I was NOT allowed to quit for any reason. I refused to let those boys think they got the best of me! I HAD to make it the whole season. Well, I did...and then I made another season (and another girl joined)....and then a third season, my senior year, (and a third girl joined) where I was voted co-captain and also had my first and only win (it was the only time I wrestled a girl on another team...but I pinned her in 27 seconds!).

I used to be able to do ANYTHING! And I knew it. I was young and confident (ok, cocky may be a better word! lol). But I knew who I was and what I wanted. Somewhere along the line I lost that.

I recently turned 32 and decided I wanted to find that girl again. I wanted to prove to myself that I could still conquer mountains...and what better way to prove that than to literally conquer a mountain. So I did. A friend of mine and I set out early Sat morning....9 hours and a whole lot of sweat later, I found what I was looking for!!!! I've never been so motivated or happy! And now whenever I don't want to do something I say to myself "If I can climb a mountain, I can...."

Yay me!!!! LOL

Replies

• ang2803
    ang2803 Posts: 39
    Options
    This is such a motivating post! Thanks so much for sharing!
  • sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    You are awesome and inspirational and AMAZING!!
  • umhbsader
    Options
    That is remarkable!!! Thank you for giving me the push I needed to find the "me" I lost along the road.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing. And helping us to remember that we need to find the "me" we lost along the way. Great post
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!