apple cider vinegar??

Options
has anyone here benefited from this and how? i bought some bragg apple cider vinegar with mother and i took 2 tbsp of it with apple juice. i google it and everyone said they used 1-2 tbsp to help with skin and metabolism blood pressure cholesterol and so on...

Replies

• believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I was in the habit for a month or so of drinking grapefruit juice with a couple tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. It tastes horrible, but it curbed my hunger for a little white, my skin was super clear and I do think it helped me lose a couple lbs.
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I take it when I have a sore throat or sinus infection.
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I just started using this as well. I follow the directions on the side of the bottle for the "ACV" drink. Mix 1 Tbsp with 8 oz purified water and add 1/2 tsp of organic honey. I drink this 3x per day. I think I am seeing improvement in my skin and maybe a little fat burning (I've only been doing it for a week). I also heard that this will cure internal yeast (candida). I've also read that it will help with carb cravings. Jack LaLanne drank it everyday and followed the Bragg's Healthy Lifestyle...he lived to be like 96 or something.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    It is great for cooking.....but not for weight loss...or fat burning....
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    It tastes great on french fries...otherwise I wouldn't recommend it for any long term weight loss solution.
  • Monny287
    Monny287 Posts: 109
    Options
    I've been wondering this as well. Does it have to be mixed with water to be effective? I'm mostly wondering for what people say it does for your skin. I happen to love ACV (and vinegar in general) and happily take it by the spoonful. Weird, I know. I'm also fond of ACV on my beef stew. ;)
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    The use of the Apple Cider Vinegar Diet is not without risk. Some of these risks are as follows:

1. Throat and Stomach Irritation

Due to its high acid content, drinking large amounts of apple cider vinegar can irritate the linings of the mouth, esophagus, and stomach. There have also been reports of damages caused to those who use the cider vinegar tablets. They can get lodged in the throat and cause burns through prolonged contact with the esophagus.

2. Mineral Deficiencies and Bone Loss

Long-term use of apple cider vinegar can cause potassium deficiencies and worsen osteoporosis. If you have these conditions, your doctor should be consulted prior to using vinegar as a supplement.

3. Weakened Tooth Enamel

Liquids with high acid content are known to dissolve the calcium solids in tooth enamel. This can lead to cavities and tooth loss.

4. Medication Side Effects

Apple cider vinegar can react negatively with some medicines, so if you are taking any drugs on a regular basis, you should contact your doctor before consuming large amounts of vinegar.

5. Dangers to Diabetics

Apple cider vinegar contains chromium, which can affect a person’s insulin levels. This is a serious risk to diabetics who have a difficult time regulating their insulin levels.
  • Mtleiker
    Mtleiker Posts: 160
    Options
    Yeah totally not gnna take it everyday for the rest of my life . . . Too much of a good thing is bad. But if ur already healthy I don't see a danger in adding a couple tbsps now and then to ur diet
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    It definitely helps for heartburn - for me anyways, when nothing else does...
    And if my knees and joints get really sore from long distance running, it works too (if you drink a teaspoon in a glass of water everyday...For heartburn two teaspoons in a glass of water....Always follow it with another glass of water - it's really acidic and not good for your teeth....