Looking for tips and motivation

Options
I am a new member and work long hours so I don't have time to cook often. I like live off of junk food and I need to change my ways. I would like friends who can make suggestions' as to what to make that's quick and healthy and we can motivate each other to workout.

Replies

• AngelaMarieMs
    Options
    Hey girl I am looking for the same thing. Add me we can be weight lose buddies.
  • JoanieGirl2492
    JoanieGirl2492 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    One thing I have tried to do is really buckle down and cook. I don't have a lot of time or energy or inclination during the week. But the benefits of cooking at home outweigh eating out on every single level. Even if you make a boxed dinner, it's better than fast food. We are three people in my house, and we cook for four. I take the 4th portion of dinner for lunch the next day.

Also - I track out all of my calories first thing when I get to work, for the whole day. It's the easiest way for me to keep myself accountable and see where my trouble times are.

Try to eat a bigger breakfast and drink water, water, water! All day, until you feel like you're going to float away! I can't stand plain water and hate seltzer, so I add some lemon or lemon juice. Buy the biggest water bottle you can find and finish it no less than 2 times a day.

Just keep at it, don't get discouraged and don't throw away a day or week of hard work for one slip up. Just be like "Damn, jacked that all up today. Tomorrow I'll do better."

:) Good luck!!!