Can I do this or is it unhealthy?

Options
I ate 1800 calories the other day.... My usual intake is 1200 a day.. I was just wondering if I could eat 1000 for four days to balance it back out? And if I did this, would it be just as effective as eating 1200 calories for 5 days... thanks in advance!

Replies

• mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Your body was probably grateful for the extra calories. Don't try to eat 1000/ day unless you're 4'9. You need more than that just to keep everything functioning. One 1800 calorie day is not going to kill you and in reality, you probably wouldn't gain an ounce if you ate 1800 calories every day.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    1 day at 1800 isn't going to cause any problems. You might notice water retention for a few days, but it will come back off.
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Instead of eating too few calories a day (which can lead to bingeing) why not try fasting every second or third day? That will insure you a calorie deficit and on your non fasting days, you won't have to stay at such a low calorie intake.
  • bonelessskinless
    Options
    I ate 1800 calories the other day.... My usual intake is 1200 a day.. I was just wondering if I could eat 1000 for four days to balance it back out? And if I did this, would it be just as effective as eating 1200 calories for 5 days... thanks in advance!

epic first post
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Love_Is_My_Fuel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    1200 is too few calories hun,,,Try balancing out at 1400-1500 and have a cheat meal within reason once a week.
  • broscientist
    broscientist Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Won't make any difference what so ever. A lot of people based their calorie intake on a weekly base rather than daily.
  • BleedsCoffee
    BleedsCoffee Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself for the next few days. Just consider the one bad day to be behind you and keep moving forward with your recommended daily calories. It's better to have the weight come off a little bit later than to slow down your metabolism by eating too little.
  • littlelady2b
    littlelady2b Posts: 104
    Options
    I agree with most of the posters on here don't deprive yourself to make up for one day that wasn't even that bad. I don't agree with the suggestion of fasting because it also can cause you to binge because you've deprived yourself mentally as well as your body of food it needs it may work for some people but its not something I would do or recommend to anyone but that's just my opinion.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Won't make any difference what so ever. A lot of people based their calorie intake on a weekly base rather than daily.

^ This.
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options

epic first post

this:wink: