Quinoa Salad ! YUMM!

LauraBalyk
LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
Yumm !! My quinoa salad is so delicious I just have to share it!! Found it in a healthy cooking magazine and it is yummy and makes enough for 8 servings: one box quinoa (follow instructions for it then place in fridge to chill). On a baking rack put 24 baby tomatoes sliced in half on top of some parchment paper or tinfoil. Bake in oven for 20 minutes at 250 degrees until roasted, at 15 minutes drizzle a bit of balsamic vinegar over them and some salt and pepper. While these are cooking away, chop up 2-3 cups of fresh baby spinach, a few strands of fresh basil, one cup small cubed old cheddar and 3-4 slices of bacon cooked and torn into small pieces. Once tomatoes are done being roasted put everything together in a large bowl and ta da! So yummy and only 220 per serving and trust me it fills you up!! The original recipe called for chorizo sausage instead of bacon but couldn’t find any so I had to substitute it out, but I’m sure it would be delicious with the sausage in it! I had a bit extra feta cheese in my fridge so I added a few crumbles on top when done.

Replies