Running with iPhone. Armband recommendations?

Options
I have an iPhone 4S in an otterbox case. I bought a Belkin armband and I think I'll already be taking it back. I can't get it in the armband without a lot of effort and even them it's difficult to use while in the armband because the plastic screen cover is so far off the actual screen.

I need a good arm band. Anyone have a recommendation?

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    You may want to branch outside of iPhone-sized armbands if you have an otterbox. I have an iPhone in a mini-case and can barely squeeze it in. I can't imagine the workout trying to cram an otterbox into one. I don't have a specific suggestion, but maybe something for a bigger phone?
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    I just bought an arm band at Wal-Mart for my iPhone 4. I don't remember what brand it was, but it works fine. I would ditch the bulky case while running and just use the armband.
  • katesmash
    katesmash Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'd rather not have to take it out of the otterbox every time I go out for a run.
  • kelooki
    kelooki Posts: 22
    Options
    The problem isn't the armband, it's the otterbox. You need a special armband if you want to keep it in the otterbox case. Why don't you take it out of the otterbox?

Do a google search for armbands capable of holding otterbox phone.
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    I've seen this question once before and I believe it was the Tune Belt that good pretty good reviews. Specifically for Iphone's in a case. Not sure how widely available they are. Good Luck!
  • Surisaddai
    Surisaddai Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I use a freaking fanny pack, yes that works the best and my keys and phone stay secure without me having to worry. They are cheap too, so just a suggestion.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the armbands are not intended to fit a case as well. They're meant to hold the phone-just the phone- snugly.

I have the Belkin sport armband specifically for iPhone 5 and it fits perfectly, safely, and allows me to use the screen comfortably, but I do have to pop my phone out of the case first. I really can't imagine that many companies are making armbands for phones with fat clunky cases like Otterboxes.
  • donrdon
    donrdon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Check out a flipbelt. Gave up armbands completely when I got this. www.flipbelt.com
  • 321newme
    321newme Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    you could try a LIFEPROOF case they also make a armband that goes along with the case I have seen friends with these and it fits securely in the armband its weather proof and the arm band is fully adjustable...seemed really nice
  • brahmergirl
    brahmergirl Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I bought a spandex type sleeve from Academy Sports (they have a website) and there was two in a package, a white one and a black one that I use for running and jumping rope. It is a tight squeeze with the otterbox but it does go in. I do not like taking mine out either and I have an iPhone 5. Hope this helps!
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Tune Belt makes a case for the iPhone 4S that you can put your phone in while keeping it in the otterbox.
    http://www.tunebelt.com/
    I got mine on Amazon.
    I have a LifeProof case that fits in it fine.
  • katesmash
    katesmash Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the rec's! I'll be checking out the Tunebelt.. I went to two different stores last night and found absolutely nothing.
  • tikkathyme
    tikkathyme Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I second the Flip Belt. It's a tube of stretchy fabric that holds your keys, phone, etc. I also have an otterbox cast on my iPhone and it takes a little bit of work to get it in there because the case is a bit sticky, but someone recommended putting the phone in a plastic bag and that works perfectly.