Hello, I'm Tammy and I could use some support

Options
tj4gag
tj4gag Posts: 7 Member
Hello!! It's been a long time since I have thought about myself or my own needs. I'm 45 years old now and want to lose weight and get healthy. I've been married for 26 years and have a 25 year old daughter. My daughter is very supportive, however she very busy with her own life and I don't have any friends to turn to. I am 5'4" and at 236 lbs. right now. I find it very difficult to get motivated to exercise and would appreciate any help in this area. I seem to do ok with the food part of getting healthy....just not the exercise. I am looking forward to making some new friends here and will also try to help others.

Replies

• raymondstott
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, good luck with your goal, happy to add
  • exohglo
    exohglo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Feel free to add me :)
  • KristinaKay83
    KristinaKay83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I will add you for sure. Feel free to add me. None of my friends are on MFP!
  • churchchipmunk
    churchchipmunk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi there!!!! Feel free to add me as a friend! Would love to share in encouragement!!!!!
  • tj4gag
    tj4gag Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • CritterSue
    CritterSue Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi Tammy!
    Welcome aboard! Feel free to add me as a friend. I just joined yesterday!
  • recoveryjunky
    recoveryjunky Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Same here: add me for support :)
  • susanlouise
    susanlouise Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would say, start with getting the food right and don't beat yourself up about the exercise! It will come.
  • Lost_it
    Lost_it Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tammy

Check out some groups,,
    Here is one, Mini Goal One Week Challenge, that has a lot of very supportive and Inspirational women
  • TarHeelChick64
    TarHeelChick64 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Best of luck on your weight loss journey.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your goals.
  • Noory44
    Noory44 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can totally add me! Goodluck with your goals! :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    welcome... you can do it. luckily food alone will be enough to get you started provided you start with accurate math, in both counting and measuring.

the exercise can phase in later once you have some confidence built in from a few shed lbs. exercise may be easier at that point too. also don't lament or fear the traditional exercise modes of treadmills or machines if you find them boring. look into strength training and lifting as well as a myriad of other exercises using the "search" button above to search threads by key words, as well as scanning the fitness threads and the exercise databases for all the ideas of how people workout. i'm sure you'll find something you enjoy that burns cals.
  • LeesaMarie63
    Options
    Hi Tammy, Good luck, you can do it. I will add you, we can encourage and motivate each other. ????
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Anybody can feel free to add me! I'm 5'2 and am about 120 lbs. I would like to lose another 5-10 lbs, but at the rate I'm going, it's going to be difficult.