out of calories.....

Options
its 6 pm. i am 3 calories over my alloted daily max. wow... this is NOT a lot of food, huh? suddenly I am realizing how much all those little extra snacks i have actually count.... i know its probably healthy to not eat after 7 pm, or so... but I have a huge deadline and normally I would snack on something to meet it.... sooooo how do I do this?

Replies

• lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    If you exercise, you add to your calorie allotment. Good Luck
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Before you reach for anything to eat, sip on some water or herbal tea. Oftentimes that will work wonders.

If you decide to eat, grab an apple and eat it slowly. The fiber should help keep you filled up. Or grab a couple of slices of turkey breast.. Again eat them slowly, the protein should help.
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    If your hungry eat something healthy (an apple or a banana perhaps a few nuts) you can also go for a bit of a walk to counter balance the Calories. Also it wont kill you to go over every once in a while! :glasses:
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    haha yes tru. however I do not want to go over on my very first day. I am currently sick with the flu and so cannot go out and do a proper work out... but i suppose I can do some crunches....
  • 29bubbles
    29bubbles Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    If this is only your first day and your only over by a little... that's really good!!! I started in May and couldn't keep it up because I couldn't stop from going over like 1K or so! Some days I'd just stop recording cause I knew it would look awefull by the end of the day! After seeing how bad I was eating... I decided against doing any more cal. counting. I gained 5 pounds from May to July.

It was July 30th and I hit rock bottom... got back into this and have been more dilligent, flled out my profile and asked a few questions. I've only been under my calorie goal a few times since... but I've only been over by a few hundred instead of a grand.

So, don't beat yourself up by going over a few... that's really good for starting out!!!!! I've found mini rice cakes are actually good if you want something sweet...and non-sweet tea has zero calories! Sparkling water will also come in zero calorie favors.

If you have the flu... how about some popsciles? Most have 45 cal's... and the larger ones have about 80.
  • fitbot
    Options
    I have been counting calories for years now but I have only ever had self goals, not like a countdown like this.. I feel like this will definitely make me more dilligent....
    im just worried about those party / boozy days.....
  • fitbot
    Options
    today was a ridiculously good day/ so good that i am actually UNDER my intake. i'm amazed. its all because i took out all bread and cereal and oils.
    instead i had tabuleh, red cabbage, watermelon
    im really full. its kinda shocking.