My birthday is the 27th, 5 lbs by then?

Options
For the next 2 weeks or so my fridge and cupboards will lack pretty much anything healthy.
I want to hit 189 lbs by my 27th birthday on the 27th. (194-195 now) Is that realistic for me having pretty much nothing healthy to eat? I keep not wanting to eat because I only want to consume foods that won't make me feel like crap after eating it. I did hear though, that as long as I'm with in my daily calorie goal. Almost anything I eat is okay. True? So having a bowl of kraft dinner won't hurt, right???

Im just asking because I'm so hungry but I keep refusing foods that aren't "healthy" and I'm absolutely NOT trying to starve myself FYI just really scared I'll gain back everything I've lost so far.

Replies

• holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    If I could not get anything healthier at the moment, I would eat the mac and cheese, log it and dont go over your calorie goal. Be sure to measure it, see thats the pisser! It may not be worth it for such a small amount.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    Thats just the thing. Its not a one time thing, I can't go grocery shopping for myself for 2 or more weeks so I have to settle with whatever I have in the house.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Please try and get out of the good food, bad food mindset. Nutritionally, it is better for you in the long term to eat healthy, nutritious food. But you are in a tight spot at the moment, and in the short term, this won't affect you adversely.

As long as you are under your calorie goal you will lose weight. If you are switching to more processed food than you have been eating, it will probably be higher in sodium though, so be sure to increase your water intake to flush it out so you don't retain water! :drinker:
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation, this is a lifestyle change not a diet.
  • gogoboobzilla
    gogoboobzilla Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You can totally lose weight eating garbage, but you're probably going to be hungry because it's all so calorie dense for small amounts. I'd really try to grab a bag of pinto beans and rice or something at least...
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    5 lbs in 16 days?

No.

Unless you are ok with it just being water weight.... do you want to take lots of laxatives and poop yer insides out? It'll have little impact on the amount of fat on your body, but it could have the added side effects of screwing up you metabolism and making you dehydrated.

Not fun for the birthday girl.

You might better stick to a healthy program so you can be at your goal weight next year.
  • AngelaMarieMs
    Options
    I think you can do it just drink a ton of water and avoid sugar. You may actually end up losing more than you are aiming for; good luck! :wink:. I'm not understanding why everyone keeps telling you no... I lost over 50lbs in 5 and a half months and kept off 40 of it... you got this girl!
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    I think you can do it just drink a ton of water and avoid sugar. You may actually end up losing more than you are aiming for; good luck! :wink:. I'm not understanding why everyone keeps telling you no... I lost over 50lbs in 5 and a half months and kept off 40 of it... you got this girl!

The most someone should lose safely is 2 lbs a week, of fat. That's like carefully controlled weight loss. Maybe my math is off, but she has two weeks, so 5 lbs might be doable, but even 4 lbs is the high end of what is considered safe. I'm just not into encouraging people to set unhealthy goals for themselves.

I lost 50 lbs too.... the majority of it took me 6 months. I was down to 19% bf. I did gain some weight back, but that is what happens when one does a bulk. I gained 8 lbs of lean body mass over that entire time.

I think she could probably lose 5 lbs by her birthday if she is still somewhat significantly overweight. People tend to lose more when they have more to lose. But the closer you get to goal, the less you are going to lose. I don't know where she is at, but judging from her profile pic, I don't think she's significantly overweight- so that's why I don't think trying to lose 5 lbs in that amount of time is reasonable for her.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    and, for the record, I lost most of my weight while eating less "healthy" foods than what I ate when I was obese. Just keep your calories in the right place and you will stay on course.

And take a vitamin, too :)
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    and, for the record, I lost most of my weight while eating less "healthy" foods than what I ate when I was obese. Just keep your calories in the right place and you will stay on course.

I started at 220 April 10th and weighed in at 194 this morning. My last goal is 150 lbs but my next goal is 189.
    I was eating pretty much nothing but healthy food, lots of water and lots of cardio. I've been slacking on everything because of the whole food situation, thinking what's the point. Yet I still managed to lose 2 lbs in a week. Using that as a motivator one time shot to get my butt back in gear even though I can't eat 100% healthy.
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Why is it that you have been trying to lose weight since April and yet you have no healthy food in your house?

Does someone else buy your food? (Genuine question not meant to be asked in a snarky way.) If so maybe you can ask them to make better choices for you and if you buy the food -- make better choices next time you go to the grocery.

You have been losing weight since April and have done a pretty good job so keep doing the same things you have been doing. Increase your activity and keep your calorie count down. If you cannot afford to buy anything healthy -- try to make the best choices possible.. Measure and weight whatever you do consume and track it.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

I started at 220 April 10th and weighed in at 194 this morning. My last goal is 150 lbs but my next goal is 189.
    I was eating pretty much nothing but healthy food, lots of water and lots of cardio. I've been slacking on everything because of the whole food situation, thinking what's the point. Yet I still managed to lose 2 lbs in a week. Using that as a motivator one time shot to get my butt back in gear even though I can't eat 100% healthy.

yeah don't sweat the small stuff. Buy healthy when you can. Make the best choices you can given what you got. Don't give up.

NEVER. GIVE. UP!
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    Why is it that you have been trying to lose weight since April and yet you have no healthy food in your house?

Does someone else buy your food? (Genuine question not meant to be asked in a snarky way.) If so maybe you can ask them to make better choices for you and if you buy the food -- make better choices next time you go to the grocery.

You have been losing weight since April and have done a pretty good job so keep doing the same things you have been doing. Increase your activity and keep your calorie count down. If you cannot afford to buy anything healthy -- try to make the best choices possible.. Measure and weight whatever you do consume and track it.

I guess I'm still trying to teach myself how to eat "right" $100 worth of groceries last me a week. And thats just for me.
    I also have a husband who thinks all healthy food tastes awful. 8 year old and 6 yr old in school and a 4 yr old and almost 2 yr old.

Feeding a family of 6 is tough financially especially when one wants to lose weight and eat right.
  • shannonpatterson87
    Options
    That's my birthday too. Good luck and happy birthday!
  • shannonpatterson87
    Options
    Everything in moderation, this is a lifestyle change not a diet.
  • AngelaMarieMs
    Options
    Well she said her birthday is on the 27th she has 16 days to do it and you are right it is safest to lose about 2 pounds a week; she has two weeks which will result it 4 pounds. Also, I see you are really focused on pure body fat but I think losing water weight (from getting the proper amount of water daily) makes you feel a lot less bloated and can indeed drop some numbers on the scale. I think 5 pounds is a very healthy goal to accomplish in two weeks.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    The morning after my birthday and I saw 189 this morning :bigsmile:
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    It was my birthday yesterday too, I've lost about 3 pounds in the same amount of time as your 5 so you had to have worked your tail off. Congrats!