Looking for support/advice/workouts/recipes ETC!

Options
JillianLH
JillianLH Posts: 23 Member
Hi everyone!

My doctor told me to join this site a year ago so he could see what I was eating but I had no idea there was a whole interactive community on here!

Some tidbits:
I lost 20 lbs 4 years and now Ive been the same weight for 3 years no matter what I do.
I have a hypoactive thyroid
I go to the gym almost everyday and really enjoy it
I LOVE to cook and find new recipes
lastly....

It gets really frustrating working everyday and not seeing results. Im sick of thinking theres something wrong with me. If you feel the same way please add me as a friend. Lets do this together :):):)

Replies

• Runhard13
    Runhard13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Always great to have people around like this site offers..bounce receipes and ideas off each other..I love it! Loom forward to helping however I can
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, minus the thyroid thing, although I haven't been to the doctor in forever, so who knows. I spent the last year working to lose 35 lbs by my 35th birthday. My 35th birthday is the 28th and I'm currently up one pound from last year!!! So I feel the pain of working and getting no where. I love to cook, but hate to grocery shop!! Let's get this thing going, so in a year we can look back and laugh at our crazy selves!!!
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi, this site is great for support/advice and just about anything else!! I have the best of the best of friends. I would be glad to add you!!
  • tnjrichter
    tnjrichter Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi JillianLH,
    I have to say after joining other sites MFP is the best! I have met several new people/friends on here and I have found that I constantly stay encouraged. I have been trying to find some tasty and easy recipes to try as I do not like to buy the pre-portioned and pre-packaged foods. I still eat many of the foods I grew up on but I changed my own portions.

Over the last several years I have lost 63 pounds...33 pounds since joining MFP. I have struggled learning along the way and if it were not for the support and encouragement of others I would not be this far! I have gone through several stages in which I was not seeing any positive changes and wanted to (at times I did) throw in the towel.

Please feel free to add me to your friends.

Look forward to helping each other! :smile: