DVD Workout Advice?

Options
Hi All,

I have worked my way through Jillian Michaels-30 Day Shred. I liked it, but it is to the point where I think the exercises are a bit too easy. I am wondering if anyone has any advice on kicking it up a few notches. I have found that the DVD's quick circuits with definitive goal levels is a great formula for me and I would love to find something like it, just a bit harder.
I have been eyeballing Insanity however, there is kicking it up a few notches and then there is burning your house down. Not sure I am ready to tackle that madness just yet.

Opinions welcomed!

Cheers~

Replies

• mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Check out fitness blender before you buy anything. They have lots of things on there to choose from. Give you an idea of what "notch" you want to kick to.

I started Insanity off the couch and yes it will burn your house down. But it was so worth it for me!
  • zachherda
    zachherda Posts: 47
    Options
    Insanity is pretty tough, I won't lie to you but it is doable. I would say almost all of it is a mental thing. I am on day 16 and I started at 242 lbs and am now down to 231.8. It is very effective and the results are showing up.

I am doing a daily blog about my journey if you are interested in that for motivation or support as well. Even if you do not choose Insanity, do something that pushes you, and it will be worth it!

guidanceforgoinginsane.blogspot.com

Check it out and add me if you want :)
  • squirrell79
    squirrell79 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    JM's Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism is a good step up. It's all cardio. Ripped in 30 gets great reviews, too, although I haven't done that one.

That said, I do second the FitnessBlender recommendation. It's a fantastic resource.
  • x_cinder_x
    x_cinder_x Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I think I am going to check out Fitness Blender and Insanity. =D
  • Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I really like the Daily Burn. There is an app and I play it on my phone then through apple tv but I it's on Hulu and probably some other places. I don't know if there are dvd's but I love those workouts. I did Insanity and I got so tired of the repetition.
    On the daily burn there are six or seven trainers to lead the workouts and they each teach a bunch of different videos. I like Anja's workouts. They are similar to Jillian Michaels but more difficult and some of them last a little longer. There's videos for dancing, tabata, kickboxing, pilates, yoga, weights, cardio, core, and Inferno which is kind of like insanity. They have a 60 day free trial, check it out!
  • x_cinder_x
    x_cinder_x Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I really like the Daily Burn. There is an app and I play it on my phone then through apple tv but I it's on Hulu and probably some other places. I don't know if there are dvd's but I love those workouts. I did Insanity and I got so tired of the repetition.
    On the daily burn there are six or seven trainers to lead the workouts and they each teach a bunch of different videos. I like Anja's workouts. They are similar to Jillian Michaels but more difficult and some of them last a little longer. There's videos for dancing, tabata, kickboxing, pilates, yoga, weights, cardio, core, and Inferno which is kind of like insanity. They have a 60 day free trial, check it out!

This sounds great Shelby. I have an Ipad, will have to see if I can get it on there!
  • allisonsirius
    Options
    I really love the Nike Training Club app. It's free, has great variety in difficulty level and length of work out as well as goal. I have used it for right around a year now and consider it part of my fitness foundation.