Meal replacement shakes?

Options
I have been looking into meal replacement shakes, not sure where to start or what to look for in a meal replacement shake!

I understand that it is much healthier to eat a meal but I do not have time for that at work (I use my lunch break for the gym:-) and I do prefer to sleep than make lunch in the morning (typical 21 year old talk I guess haha)

I was thinking something along the line of 2 shakes 1 snack and 1 healthy meal a day.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
P.S. My apologies if this topic has already been posted, still getting the hang of MFP.

Replies

• Runhard13
    Runhard13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I tend to find any store bought ones have too many additives or sugar..best to blend your own with frruits..veggies and some suppliments
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    whey protein and a banana
  • Joe7178
    Joe7178 Posts: 105
    Options
    If you have no time for a meal try just having a protein shake and nuts of your choice or something along that matter. If you're worrying about getting a meal because you were told to..dont. its irrelevant.
  • rainavsfood
    rainavsfood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I drink Shakeology daily. I love it - Not a typical 'diet/meal replacement' drink. It makes me full & curbs my sugar/carb cravings!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i drink vega one daily, love it!
  • crazeedeysi
    crazeedeysi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Shakeology, I love it. I drink it every morning, its a bit expensive but well worth the money..
  • CherryStar86
    CherryStar86 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking the same thing! I just purchased GNC's lean shakes in swiss chocolate. I'll probably start Sunday and see how next week goes. I'm a little nervous to switch my diet so drastically on a dime, so i'm going to cut down on calories and get to the gym a little more before i go with the shake diet for a week or two. I know it's super bad to stick on it, so I'm going to incorporate real food like fruits, veggies, and nuts too.
  • LadyQue25
    LadyQue25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Totally agree! Love chocolate Shakeology!!
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I use Isagenix products which I absolutely love! It is a cleansing program that rids your body of toxins stored in your fat cells..

You have to do what is right for you and your lifestyle.. Research, whey versus soy based protein. Be careful of the sugars.. Research which fruits and vegetables contain the most sugars as well.. Such as bananas... Very high in sugar so I limit my intake of them.
    If you go to an all natural health food store, and talk with them about what you are looking for, they should be able to help you narrow it down. Good luck to you!