What makes it all worth it???

Options
I don't post very often. I do however faithfully log my food and exercise every day!! For the last 4+ months. I've lost 36lbs by way of some crazy crosstraining sessions in the gym-in there at 4:30 am. After work and on the weekends I ride my bike. Usually 20-25 miles in the evening and around 30-35 each day on the weekend. Burning an average of 7500 calories a week.Yup, a little obsessed, but I feel good and it's paying off.

Started this topic because today was one of the days that makes it all worth it :happy: As I was cruising the home stretch on my 21 mile bike ride, a car stopped and a woman got out. She flagged me down so I stopped, thinking that she wanted to ***** at me for hogging the road...no bike lane where I was riding. BUT NO, she stopped me only to tell me that she thinks I look amazing. She has seen me a few times as she lives around where I ride in the evenings. She has wanted to talk to me, but was afraid that I would think she was nuts. She said she was so awe struck by the definition in my legs, arms and every where else...I'm so pumped and she made my day!!

I love this site, it keeps me accountable and I like reading the posts. For those of you that are discouraged..stick with it and you will also have a day when it all comes together!!

Can't wait for 4am so I can head to the gym :wink:

Replies

• JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Your arms look GREAT!

My 16-yr-old age son said, "Mom, your abs are starting to show some more definition there!" Doesn't hurt.
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Giving my mom peace of mind over my weight and health.
    Having my jeans fall off when putting them on in the morning.
    Having my own personal cheering squad with my WONDERFUL fit group friends.
    Having my beachbody coach Robin (an angel disguised in workout gear) give me kudos, flowers and a recognition in front of my other fit group friends.
    Having ignited a fitness craze in my family and now my sisters (all thinner) trying to out do me!! (never.....)
    Having the courage to seek God for help with this journey...THAT is why I have been successful this time.

I have a long way to go but am sure this time I CAN DO THIS!!

I love reading all the stories here on MFP, they too have inspired me. God bless you all....:flowerforyou:
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Giving my mom peace of mind over my weight and health.
    Having my jeans fall off when putting them on in the morning.
    Having my own personal cheering squad with my WONDERFUL fit group friends.
    Having my beachbody coach Robin (an angel disguised in workout gear) give me kudos, flowers and a recognition in front of my other fit group friends.
    Having ignited a fitness craze in my family and now my sisters (all thinner) trying to out do me!! (never.....)
    Having the courage to seek God for help with this journey...THAT is why I have been successful this time.

I have a long way to go but am sure this time I CAN DO THIS!!

I love reading all the stories here on MFP, they too have inspired me. God bless you all....:flowerforyou:

Thanking my husband for all the delicious lo-cal meals he prepares for me......great guy.
  • smsavoy
    smsavoy Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    That sure does make it worth it, i can't wait until that day comes for me. Great job!!

What makes it worth it for me when the doctor says, you are at a good weight, then i know i will be around to see my daughter grow up.
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! Good for you !!
  • truckdriverjeremy
    truckdriverjeremy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    When I was a freshmen in high school i weighed 310lbs. So that means the last time i was at the weight i am now was Junior high or before. (Most likely Before) That was over 24 years ago.

What makes is all worth it is being able to do things I have not been able to do for most of my life. Whether it's being able to go into any store and buy clothes, or not being afraid to go places and not being afraid to fit into seats. what makes it all worth it is being able to live.

What makes it all worth it is the feeling that there is nothing I can't do!
  • debbiedoeshealth
    debbiedoeshealth Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Great story. It is always nice when people notice your success.
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Aww thats so sweet!!! I bet it did make you feel goo!!
  • Mseleanor1
    Mseleanor1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome motivator for you! Way to go!
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    My son looking for me in the High St a couple of weeks ago and looking straight passed me saying "Where's Mum?" to my husband, When Ed pointed me out, my beautiful boy said "Oh Sorry, didn't recognise you now you have got so much smaller" :happy:

It is funny how it is the comments of others that make it worth it!
  • supadeliux
    supadeliux Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    ^^, it's awesome!
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    That's such a huge compliment! Well done on your progress :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    what a great and inspiring story...thanks for posting. sounds like you really are just doing it! I want to get in the groove like that.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    wow great story!
    For me its trying on something that didnt fit but now does, or when my partner puts his arms around me and says how small I am now. I had 2 kids 18 months apart so was pregnant or PP for much of that time so its hard for me to see myself as slim and not with a bump of some kind!
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    My son looking for me in the High St a couple of weeks ago and looking straight passed me saying "Where's Mum?" to my husband, When Ed pointed me out, my beautiful boy said "Oh Sorry, didn't recognise you now you have got so much smaller" :happy:

It is funny how it is the comments of others that make it worth it!

For me ( even though I have a long way to go) being able to move with less pain makes it worth it. I have had so much progress just losing the weight I have that I can't wait until I get to goal. Fitting in smaller clothes is pretty exciting too. ( Not quite to the next size down yet but my clothes are much baggier on me.)
  • Liselotte66
    Liselotte66 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great posts everyone :happy: Thanks for responding...that too makes it all worth it!!!

WE ALL ROCK!!!!
  • kymbokg
    kymbokg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, I loved your post :)
  • Liselotte66
    Liselotte66 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was at 185lbs when I graduated High Scholl wayyy back in 85. I've never been a "little" girl although short, only 5'4". Been working out my whole life it seems..now at 46 yrs old and 119 I feel better than ever!!! Kudos to you for your success!!
  • Shari325
    Shari325 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is improved health.
    But I realized reading these, a significant motivator is my son. My youngest son (22yr old) has been one of my biggest supports. He has always encouraged me to be more active and healthier. He was the one that encouraged me to take up running a few years ago.
    I gained 20 pounds when he went into Marine Boot Camp in December. I saw the look in his eye when he saw how much weight I gained, but he never said a word. I have now lost that 20 pounds, and another 20. I wont see him again until September or October. I can't wait to see his face when he sees the new thinner "Momma".
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Awesome motivation.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!