New here!!

Options
Hi! My name is Heather. I am a 35 y/o overnight nurse who gained weight with both my births, but never lost any weight after my second child. My doctor informed me that I am borderline hypertensive and need to lose weight. Two months ago I started working with a personal trainer and lost minimal weight. About three weeks ago a co-worker told me about MFP to help with my intake. I didn't really start using this site until a few days ago when I actually but inches on even with working out. I hope that this and working out will help me lose the weight needed.

Replies

• notstephenson
    Options
    Hi. I am Lynn and I am new here too. I heard about the site from a natural weight loss page in fb. I am a yo you weight person who generally gains in the summer and loses in the fall (I am a teacher and lose when I go back to work)... except I moved states and haven't worked steady for 2 years and the weight slowly krept up and didn't come off until I substituted for 2 months and started a 30 day exercise challenge to tone with my boyfriend (we are on day 11). I do not know my weight at this time, but I know my clothing size is almost back to all of my professional (and smallest) clothes - from 16 down to 12/10/8 depending upon the pants/skirt. I am worried about the summer and if I don't have a job, so I am trying this site to finish the rest of my weight loss and to keep it off hoping that with the help of technology and friends - I will hold myself more accountable. :flowerforyou:
  • heatherbrosigyaskow
    heatherbrosigyaskow Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I notice that I lose more weight when I work days. I normally work 7pm - 8am, then I sleep the majority of the day. I only work three days a week and always feel better when I have a long break from work.
  • katiebenson12
    katiebenson12 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Katie and relatively new as well. I am still trying to figure out the whole weight loss thing. I have always been on the heavy side. I gained weight while pregnant and never lost it. I was also recently diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and take medication every day. The whole reason I have decided to loose weight is so I can hopefully get off the medication. I HATE taking pills everyday. I would love to be a friend so we can support each other through this journey. :smile:
  • freerangehen
    freerangehen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi I'm new here today. Need to shed around 40lb. Been a yo yo dieter for last 10 years and so over it!!! Work from home on the computer and easy to pick. Need to get on track and cut out all the snacking.
  • SteveMcG63
    Options
    Hi I'm Steve, coming up to 50 this year and decided it was time to get my weight down. I was weighing in at 265, when a co-worker recommended a weight loss clinic here in our home town of Hamilton, Ontario. I was told about MFP through the clinic as a way to track calories. I am happy to say that I have lost 20lbs already and working hard to get under 200lbs. Looking to chat with other trying to lose the same and maybe share some ideas.:smile:
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!

Hope you all find the same support & comradeship that myself & others have experienced.
  • melwharris91
    melwharris91 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I also have a crazy work schedule in which I don't have a set schedule. It can be challenging to fit in a workout. Perhaps we can motive and support each other.
  • heatherbrosigyaskow
    heatherbrosigyaskow Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you. There are morning when I know I should go workout after work, and I just feel like gong home to sleep.
  • Aindrea37
    Aindrea37 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi! I am Aindrea and since turning 44 last month, the middle age spread has caught up with me. It is time for a change. My daughters were very active in sports and wished I had that dedication for my body. My sister and I joined MFP to encourage each other and make new friends. My schedule is pretty much eat, sleep, workout and study for my CAC (certified addiction counselor) III. I look forward to hearing from everyone.
  • Aindrea37
    Aindrea37 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Steve. Nice to meet you.

Aindrea