Is anyone out there?

Options
Hi, my name is Bobbi Merryman. I am 18 and weigh 137 pounds. I am a size 6 to 8 and am 5ft1in tall. I have a 27.5in waist, 39 in hips, and a 36 inch chest. My legs are huge, but my tummy is pretty flat.. I have a huge butt. Lately, I have been eating a bit out of control and have decided to start a journey to lose 17 pounds. To finally get rid of that extra thigh fat! I need to invest time and energy into me and not just my work. Is there anyone who can give me advice when it comes to starting this journey and making sure I don't get off track?

Replies

• littlelfmage
    Options
    I think joining this site was a good step. The best way to stay on track is self discipline and dieting and exercising alongside other people. Also keeping bad foods out of the house. I hope I helped in some way. I can add you if you want.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Yes logging in really helps, nothing worked till I joined this site. Just remember it is a slow process so do not get discouraged. There will be times you slip up but do not get too hard on yourself we all have. Just take a breath, shrug and get back on track. You must decide what works best for you and do not get impatient and rush things, that will only damage your health. When you hit plateaus and you will, hang in. I know I am sounding like I am preaching but I know you can do if you want to. Enjoy the little victories along the way because you will have every right to be proud of yourself. Good luck.:wink:
  • ashleymm625
    Options
    you sound exactly like me!
  • slaUSA
    slaUSA Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Suggestion, keep a food diary to make yourself accountable for the food you consume. The calories add up quicker than you might think. Always pack your lunch-- dining out is difficult and expensive.
    To work on legs--exercise--something like biggest loser videos--because they change up circuits and get progressively more difficult.
    Congratulations on your decision to be healthier and
    Good luck:smile:

If you falter, don't give up---instead of kicking yourself--start up again and kick bad habits!
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Similar situation. Reading Prevention Magazine is a huge help to me. Good tips on healthier eating and reducing fat.
  • aFootballLife25
    aFootballLife25 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    #1 - Get diet in check.
    #2 - Lift weights.
    #3 - Cardio. Preferably sprints, not long distance.

Good luck!
  • zcheeze
    zcheeze Posts: 25
    Options
    Yes! I too, am pretty new to the site. Adding friend can be very helpful, they inspire and encourage.