Day One

Options
Day one should be exciting.not for me! I hate it and Im starving already!All I do is think about food!

Replies

• raeannefowler
    Options
    Instead of thinking about just the food, think about how fabulous you are going to look and feel once you have reached a goal! My first few days, I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking of how I would look skinny. Stick to it and think of some healthy lower calorie thing you will have to eat today.
  • ChasTnchick
    Options
    That is a great idea raennefowler. I always restart my diet after looking at pictures of myself that I do not like, so I thought about putting a few around so I could keep myself on track as well. Thinking of how you are going to feel after the weightloss is an excellent motivator. If you continue to feel hungry, drink some water to curb your appetite. Good luck!!
  • 29bubbles
    29bubbles Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!!! It takes awhile for your body and mind to get used to eating good stuff... and only eating cause your body needs it, instead of just wanting it. (for me that's how it is anyway).

Give it some time.... eat some veggies, some fruit... some peanut butter... a turkey burger... and eat them SLOW without doing anything else..no TV, no books...sounds like torture...but it will work. And remember your water! Try to get away from the usuall eating spots and keep your mind on other things... do something else with your hands... write down your frustations.

It's not easy ...but does get easier.
  • MichelleWinkMil
    MichelleWinkMil Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Boca Burgers and Laughing Cow Light cheeses are life savers and help take your mind off of other foods. Good luck and just remember we are all in the same boat.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    the first week is the hardest. Just stick with it. And think of all the cute outfits you want to be able to wear. You can do it. If you are hungry eat, just make healthier choices, popcorn is a good thing, it feels you up and you can eat quite a bit, also mini rice cakes (I like the carmel corn ones). Look on other peoples food diaries that are public to get ideas of what you can eat. It isnt about starving but about changing your eating habits. If you exercise it will give you more calories to eat....
  • blfesq
    blfesq Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It is day one for me as well. I didn't find out about this site until this afternoon, but luckily, I had not really eaten above my calorie count yet today anyway. I relized after we got back from vacatin that there were few, if any pictures of me. I kept avoiding the camera. And those pistures of me that did exist, I want to burn...but instead, I pulled them off the camera, posted them in my home, office and car, so everytime I feel like going for that cookie, or fast food, all I have to do is look at the picture, and I am instantntly depressed....then it changes to empowered. I am determined to lose 60 pounds!