Hey Y'all!

Options
Hey! My name is Sam and I'm a 22 year old, who has always struggled with my weight. I keep gaining, and it's time to take control of my life! I joined this site, hoping that I could find some support, as I know I won't succeed without it. I'm a full time college student and wife. My husband is in the military and in November we will be making a move from our current base in Louisiana to Delaware, I would like to have my lifestyle change going strong by that time :)

Replies

• missallie
    Options
    Welcome! It sounds like you've got a busy life--I definitely understand that as I work full-time, third shift, and go to school during the day. You've made the right choice. This site is great. Good luck!
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    I saw the "Y'all" and couldn't help but read this post. I'm from the south, too, so I know what that's all about. Welcome to our wonderful community! I'm an engaged college student going to school full time away from home. I gained weight my first year but am hoping to lose my few remaining pounds this year. Let's be friends! I can always use more support!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Sam! This is a excellent site to help you stay on track. Good Luck!
  • juliagulia101
    Options
    Hi Sam! Wow! We have so much in common. My husband is also in the military! He's in the Coast Guard and we currently live in New Jersey (which is not too far from Delaware). When are you guys moving up this way? I think your goals sound very good. And believe me, you can do it! Its gonna be kind of difficult at first to break those old eating habits but with time it'll become second hand. I still cheat here and there, but its more calculated cheating than anything and I always make up for it the next day at the gym. Well, I'm here to listen or give advice if you might need it! I'm happy to have another MFP friend! Good luck, and don't give up!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. It is a great place to start. So many people willing to give encouragement or advice.
    Enjoy the journey.
  • Coconut8706
    Options
    Hi Sam! Wow! We have so much in common. My husband is also in the military! He's in the Coast Guard and we currently live in New Jersey (which is not too far from Delaware). When are you guys moving up this way? I think your goals sound very good. And believe me, you can do it! Its gonna be kind of difficult at first to break those old eating habits but with time it'll become second hand. I still cheat here and there, but its more calculated cheating than anything and I always make up for it the next day at the gym. Well, I'm here to listen or give advice if you might need it! I'm happy to have another MFP friend! Good luck, and don't give up!

I somehow missed this post earlier! We are moving to Delaware in November. I'm really excited! We are from Ohio, so it's much closer to home than Louisiana is. Also I have always wanted to live on the East Coast!