My one-year MFP anniversary today

Options
PJilly
PJilly Posts: 21,742 Member
Thank you, MFP and my MFP friends for all you've done for me this last year. I debated about putting this under Success Stories, because I sure do feel like I've been successful. However, I will always be a work in progress, and my overriding feeling today is one of thankfulness for all the support I've gotten from this site and how it's kept me going. I resist using the word "motivated" because I've been far from motivated many days, but I've been consistent regardless, and that has been key for me.

Anybody just starting out, know that you can do this, and know that it gets easier the longer you do it. This is how I live now, and I don't have the worries I had in the beginning that I will eventually go back to my old ways. It's such a calm, powerful feeling. Thank you.

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Happy 1 year anniversary. Congrats on your success so far. Keep up the good work
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Congrats Jill! What an accomplishment! I think committing to logging into this site for a whole year is very successful. Great job taking your health into your own hands too.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Jill! You have done fabulous. I always read your posts and find you very wise. I wish you much success on your "work in progress":flowerforyou:
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    You are an inspiration!!!
  • EightDMB
    EightDMB Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Congratulations! I wish you all the best and I hope you are enjoying your beautiful body. 135 is my over the moon, dream come true weight!
  • LGWhritenour
    LGWhritenour Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary! :heart:
  • lsjobom
    lsjobom Posts: 5
    Options
    Congrats ...Way to go...Keep up the good work....It's my first day, you give me hope....
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. 31 pounds is a great number and one I would be proud of after a year. Your commitment is inspiring.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,742 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everybody! :glasses:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    JIll you are amazing! You keep all of us motivated to be as consistant as you are. I love how determined you are and lets face it....your pretty funny too! Thank you for being a part of MFP and helping all with your wonderful advice not just on losing weight but on being more healthy!
    Happy Anniversary!:heart: