How did you get rid of your belly? (My problem area)

Options
Looking for some feedback/ideas....

How did you get rid of your belly fat? (I am not neccessarily striving for abs at this exact moment but striving for a fatter less flabby tummy) How did you get to yours? Any advice/work outs/ideas are welcome :) just generating some ideas -THANK YOU

Replies

• mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    you cant spot reduce sadly but it should go away in time when you drop body fat
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    you cant spot reduce sadly but it should go away in time when you drop body fat
    This. Unfortunately you cannot spot reduce and we don't lose fat evenly. As long as you eat at a deficit, it will eventually come off. Strength training helps as well. But there is no specific exercise or food that will target belly fat. Mine is much much smaller than it was, but still rounder than I'd like.

Patience.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Reasonable caloric deficit, strength training and patience.
  • seefyboy
    seefyboy Posts: 68
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't target one area of fat. To lose belly fat you got to lose fat all over the body. There's no easy way around it :( For me, I started seeing abs when I was at 15% body fat. 10-15% is when the belly fat starts dissapearing, although I think it differs for women. It's not an easy target to reach, but if you work hard enough you'll get there.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Mines still there, but its going slowly. Veeeery sloooooowly.:sad: Just flabby now rather than hugely fat though!
  • jrhartley
    jrhartley Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Where I have started losing weight my little pot belly seems to stick out more than ever! I guess where I'm a bit less flabby in the surrounding areas its showing my tummy off even more!! haha typical! Tummy's are a pain but like everyone else says I guess we just have to be patient and stick with it! The tummy will be defeated eventually! :happy:
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Reasonable caloric deficit, strength training and patience.
    ^ This.

The fat will come off your body in accordance with your genetics and no particular exercise, food, supplement or "magic pill" will change that. There's no way to target fat in any particular area of your body. Here's a clinical study which specifically addressed the effect of abdominal exercise on stomach fat:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21804427
  • UpandRunning2013
    UpandRunning2013 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I don't have the answer and everyone seems to agree that you can't spot reduce. This is also my worst area and I made the decision to try JM's 6wk6pack after a friend recommended it. I am on week 4 and my belly certainly is not gone but it does look firmer and in better shape. I always felt that my tummy was beyond repair after three c-sections but right now, I am feeling like maybe there is a glimmer of hope...lol. Maybe some kind of programme that focuses on this area will bring you some results?
  • Emmabulliemum
    Emmabulliemum Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    A good surgeon? no seriously it takes time, patience and strength training. This is my problem area and it's the last thing to sort for me but seems to be taking ages. Sadly for me I think as I have lost a lot of weight the old Jess Ennis tum is now a dream but it's going down. Try cutting back on carbs (the bad ones white ones) but don't totally cut them out go for slow release low GI.

But looking at your pics if you have a flabby tummy I wish mine was like yours!!

good luck xx
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I got most of the way by pure calorie deficit (no low carb, no high protein, no "bad" foods) and am getting the rest of the way by adding high intensity exercise (Insanity in my case). So far, I've been quite sucessful (I've dropped 14" off my waist by calorie deficit and a 1/2" from a week of Insanity). It's going to take hard work, dedication and patience.
  • shelbz09
    shelbz09 Posts: 115
    Options
    Thank you everybody for the information!!!!! :D i sure do apperciate it!
  • shelbz09
    shelbz09 Posts: 115
    Options
    Thank you :)

The two body pictures I have are old...they were for motivation to look like that again but thank you:) WE CAN DO THIS!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i lost LOADS of bodyfat doing insanity.... sadly not as much of my stomach as i wanted though!!!
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    Where I have started losing weight my little pot belly seems to stick out more than ever! I guess where I'm a bit less flabby in the surrounding areas its showing my tummy off even more!! haha typical! Tummy's are a pain but like everyone else says I guess we just have to be patient and stick with it! The tummy will be defeated eventually! :happy:

This is true for me as well! I can see toning and shaping happening ...but it appears to be making the very front and center belly rounder...maybe not as rolly polly , but not flatter YET
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    So I'm currently starting to see progress in my abdominal area. I've got three vertical lines and one horizontal that you can clearly see over my mom pouch, a little disturbing, but definite progress. So I got this far from eating at a deficit, running to help create the deficit and body weight strength training. I'm guessing I just need to stick to what I'm doing for awhile to see if my body fat% is continuing to decrease.