Going over surgar

Options
blh_1010
blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
I keep going over my sugar intake...not my carb intake though...is this bad? Or is it ok?

Replies

• bluehorsesjp
    Options
    do a search for sugar. There are a couple of threads on this subject already
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I don't know how much you are going over....I always do to but I reset my settings for now to 40 ( I was eating like 55)....I am trying to cut down...It isn't easy....Many foods have sugar in them and fruit is really high in it so I can usually only eat i serving of fruit, I hope once I get used to 40 maybe I go 35, then maybe I eat the recomended.
  • weelissa
    weelissa Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I go over on sugar pretty much every day, but the sugar I eat is mostly from fruit and yoghurt. When I asked my gym trainer about it he told me that as long as it is fruit sugar and I am training regularly it won't matter in the long term because I'll be burning it as energy. It's only dangerous if you're eating bad sugar (sweets/chocolate/white bread/cakes etc) that weight gain may occur.

On saying that, it's not an invitation to eat loads of fruit. I like eating slices of cucumber and celery because as well as getting portions of veg, you're getting fibre and not much sugar.

I hope this helps a little... :o)