Breast Reduction

Options

Replies

• KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'll take what you want to get rid of.
    Not helpful, I know. Do what you think is best for your health and happiness.
  • conttradictionx3
    Options
    haha i'd gladly give them to you!
    I think I could only benefit for it, i'm just nervous about the scarring :(
  • shadowkat57
    shadowkat57 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    When I can afford one, I'm having one.
    My puppies are F cup. I get regular migraines, I'm sure in part from the neck strain.
    I dream of perky wee D cups...
  • conttradictionx3
    Options
    insurance should cover it! you just gotta go to a physical therapist and claim its for physical reasons not just you want them, two of my friends got it fully covered! there's deff a way :)

although I don't have an F, just double d's (maybe a bit bigger) I feel your pain!
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    best thing you will ever do. I know.....it was for me.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    When I can afford one, I'm having one.
    My puppies are F cup. I get regular migraines, I'm sure in part from the neck strain.
    I dream of perky wee D cups...

Had it done at 24. Insurance covers. You just have to have a plastic surgeon certify that they are over a certain volume (600-800cc usually) and are causing you "medical" issues. In my case it was upper back pain and migraines from bra straps. The grooves in the shoulder from bra straps count too.

To everyone considering: Be prepared, the "exam" to determine size may seem awkward for you. Don't worry about it. The surgeon REALLY does not care / think about / or get off on fondling patient breasts. It's just anatomy (and a surgical case)...and there are female plastic surgeons if you're really concerned.
  • shadowkat57
    shadowkat57 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm in Oz - public health would cover some expense, but with a waitlist of a few years. I don't have private health... should probably look at that!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Yes, PLEASE! :bigsmile:

I went through the whole pre-op process, and our insurance company said NOOOOO! :explode:

Of course, that was 30 pounds and 15 months ago. I will more than likely try again in the fall, after I reach and maintain goal, I guess.
  • erikabowles
    erikabowles Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Agree. Life changing.
  • gdrmuzak
    gdrmuzak Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My ex got a reduction done in the mid 90's. She was 5'2" with significant 36/38 DDs. Back pain & shoulder problems were always an issue. With a doctor's referral, insurance paid for it due to health concerns of the long-term issues on her back.

Yes, she had some scaring underneath from the incisions but she never regretted the decision to go to a C cup.
  • earndien
    earndien Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    if i could i would too with open hand,
    i am a very full 36 DD and would love to be a C cup
    if i even think of bra shopping i land up in tear, cause i can never
    find anything that fits me!!!
    i hate my boobs
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I know two women who have had it done and wished they had done it sooner. That being said, depending on the difference in size, you may loose sensation in your nipp!e, something to consider. Also, again it depends, but sometimes the scaring can be rather extensive. Due to the last two, I know another woman who considered it but decided against it.

Either way, good luck!

And yes, most insurance covers it if you can get a doc to sign off on it for back pain or whatnot.