Success Stories

Options
I have more than once come across threads in 'success stories' where people have lost x amount of weight (usually a lot!) by either eating too few calories, or eating too much "junk", not doing the "right" exercises -- whatever you get the idea.

What would posess someone to comment on such a thread with something other than encouragment if they weren't green with envy, or at least slightly resentful.

There is a thread in there where a man lost 150lb still being able to enjoy traditonally "unhealthy" foods and someone actually took time out of their day to post about how it's easy to lose when you're morbidly obese but he'd not make goal weight eating foods like that. Feck off. Seriously, the thread is in "success stories" and I didn't read that the OP was asking people to critique his method.

Topics posted in Success Stories should ONLY be replied to with words of encouragment, compliments or nothing at all. Bottom line.

/end rant

Replies

• cortana01
    cortana01 Posts: 55
    Options

Topics posted in Success Stories should ONLY be replied to with words of encouragment, compliments or nothing at all. Bottom line.

/end rant

I wholeheartedly agree!
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I agree. If the OP asks for your opinion, fine. If not, shut it.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. We all have to find our way and what works for us. We are not here to be judges or experts because MOST are far from being an expert. If people eat too extreme it is their business and not ours. I personally have many opinoions regarding long term and effective weight loss stragies but I will not knock other methods at all. I pray they work for people and if they find they don't that they never give up trying. That is my number one motto, Never GIVE UP! Those who do that will always be successful!:flowerforyou:

End of my rant!:wink:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options

/end rant

I wholeheartedly agree!
    AGREED!!
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options

/end rant

I wholeheartedly agree!

Yes yes yes.
  • theblondetrick
    theblondetrick Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I don't know...The food on those pictures looked disgusting,deep fried and really unhealthy.It just screams heart attack.I think it's ok to eat junk food from time to time,but not all the time.He made it seem like he was eating it every day,so I made a comment that it's really bad.But it turns out he didn't,he wrote it later in a comment.I did however state in the comment that it was my opinion and that I didn't want to be mean.
    The thing is,everybody is entitled to their opinion and we all have a freedom of speech.

P.S. I also thought that with the post he kinda promoted the junk food and that's even worse than the mean comments he got.Because
    there might be some people who would believe that you can lose weight and be healthy while constantly eating junk food.I'm pretty sure that it wasn't his intention,though.
  • Jusjerzy
    Jusjerzy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. We all have to find our way and what works for us. We are not here to be judges or experts because MOST are far from being an expert. If people eat too extreme it is their business and not ours. I personally have many opinoions regarding long term and effective weight loss stragies but I will not knock other methods at all. I pray they work for people and if they find they don't that they never give up trying. That is my number one motto, Never GIVE UP! Those who do that will always be successful!:flowerforyou:

End of my rant!:wink:
    ^This!