Insanity day 3

Options
Just done my 3rd day of insanity and absolutely loving it, it's hard work but the feeling of completion after each programme is great, already looking forward to tomorrow.

Anyone else at the moment started it?

Replies

• poma91
    poma91 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I started on June 2nd and I love it. Keep up the good work! :)
  • NomadicFlame
    Options
    I'm on Day 17. Its bloody hard work and I have to wear an HRM as I am at max or near max HR the whole way through. Afterwards I'm just a sweaty mess.

Its having very good effects though and I already look a lot better. So stick with it. I know how hard it is. I'm certainly not "looking forwards" to tonight, but I will do it.
  • NomadicFlame
    Options
    Oh and anyone who is doing Insanity, feel free to add me. Its a little tough at times to keep motivated.... especially on Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs days..
  • westbrom07
    Options
    You guys lost much weight or seem much of a difference so far?
  • NomadicFlame
    Options
    I'm not wanting to lost weight personally, so I'm eating 2,500+ calories.

That said, despite always having been slim, I've lost 1-2" on my waist, my stomach is rock solid and defined. I've got obliques (didnt even know what they were before) and definition everywhere. My torso is also developing a noticeable V shape and my arms are very muscled.

So yes... noticed a hell of a lot... but then its brutal, so you would expect that! :)
  • poma91
    poma91 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You guys lost much weight or seem much of a difference so far?

I haven't lost the weight with insanity. Actually I put one 3 lbs in the first week. But this is totally normal. You are going to retain water like crazy since the workout is so intense and your muscles will be repairing themselves.
    You'll lost more weight in the second month though

Besides, come on, it has been only 3 days!
  • TLow97
    TLow97 Posts: 55
    Options
    Pure Cardio is the shortest disc :-)

(other than the recovery, that is...)
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I just did my second time through Pure Cardio (week 2), and I have never wanted to do a workout less than I did today. I got held up late at work, so I ended up being there 13 hours, which meant that the sun was already well up and the temperature was about 10 degrees higher than usual. I did it anyway. It was brutal, and I sweat literal puddles, but i feel much better now.

westbrom07, I had some visible losses in body fat after one week (pictures are on my profile if you're interested). I can't wait to see what another week does to me.
  • whizzlers
    whizzlers Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Ive done the first few days but got a pup so walking her in the morning instead. strangley I am missing it! I loved being able to complete it, going to juggle so things so that i can get back into it!
  • kezza8888
    kezza8888 Posts: 75
    Options
    Started this last month...then went on holiday after 3 sessions! Doh!

Started again on Monday - legs (maing claves) were so sore I had to go for a run on Tuesday and then got back to it today! Looking forward to session 3 tomorrow and getting through the first week! Woop!

Would love friends on my list doing this to help keep me accountable......Feel free to add me :-)
  • texaschickie
    texaschickie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started last Friday, so today will be day 6. It's been brutal. We finally committed yesterday to eating better AND working out, so we'll see results sooner. We subscribe to a Paleo-ish/Primal-ish diet, but have really let it slide in the last few months. Still, I can see a nice difference in my arms and shoulders already. My husband has noticed more definition in his chest and upper abs. Today is the first day I can walk without a limp. My calves are still a little bit sore, but much improved! We leave for vacay this Friday, and are taking the discs with us.
  • sunlightw
    sunlightw Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 with the cardio recovery. I'm not looking to lose weight, but I'm trianing for the Spartan race. I'm worn out at the end of the day, but i feel stronger for sure! I havent taken any measurements, but i figured I do it after the 2nd week. As I think results after 6 days is asking for a lot. I hope your Insanity journey goes well!