Trying something new....

Options
I am new to this and very excited to be here. I have been heavy for most of my life and it has gotten worse since having my 2 kids. I have tried everything out there, from powders, shakes, and pills to various food programs. All thats left to try is this or surgery and I opted for the cheaper option hehe. Don't get me wrong the most success I had was when on the food programs but the cost was the major factor in me quitting. I know I can get to my goal with normal foods from the grocery store for a fraction of the cost and keeping track of all that will make a huge difference. Just "guesstimating" the calorie content of foods throughout the day wasn't working and never has. I am ready to get the weight off and have more energy for my family.

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    welcome
    You can do this. this is a great site ,full of encouragement and motivation. just track your food and exercise daily. This site makes it so much easier. just stick with it and you will reach your goal
  • erinsolesky
    erinsolesky Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!! I'm happy to see you being so positive about losing weight and being healthy. I know what you mean about getting heavy after having babies. With my first baby, I gained 60 pounds. I lost a little of that weight, but put it back on shortly after my daughter turned two (plus a few extra for good measure). When I got pregnant with my second child, I decided that I was going to be healthy, not gain weight, and take care of myself. My son is now 9 months old, I maintained my weight during my pregnancy, and since he has been born, I've lost 52 pounds. This website is such a blessing for me! I have been counting calories for almost two years now and this is the BEST website for helping you make good food choices. Now that I have to log all of my food (no matter how ugly it is!) and I know that my friends see everything, I really THINK before I eat. I wish you the best of luck! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This IS a great site. It's a little "trickier" eating food from the grocery store than getting it pre-packaged with a program, but the good news is that you are able to eat the way you will eat the rest of your life. At first, be sure to weigh and measure everything, and it doesn't hurt to do that from time to time anyway to make sure you aren't fooling yourself! If you are honest about what you eat and how you exercise, it will be really easy to see how well you are doing without even getting on the scale. And everyone here wants to help! It's a great community.
  • losinit4me
    losinit4me Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the words of encouragement, I can tell that this site has a very supportive group of people here. I also want to thank you for welcoming me and giving great advice to help me get started. I can't wait to be as successful as all of you.:flowerforyou: